six

It had been two weeks since Dean took me to see the stars.

I was lounging on the couch with Sam, Dean's little brother, at Elijah's house. Janelle was showering, Dean was sleeping, and Elijah was making breakfast.

Sam Winchester was a shy kid, especially compared to his brother. He didn't say much, only speaking when spoken to, but when he did speak, it was always something to be heard. He didn't waste his breath saying words that weren't relevant. He was going into eighth grade, but I knew Sam could go far in life.

"Where do you want to go to college?" I asked him as the cartoon we were watching went to commercials.

"Stanford." Sam replied without missing a beat.

"Really?" I sat up, impressed. "You want to study law?"

"I want to be a lawyer."

"Impressive." I smiled. He returned the smile, a shy grin on his lips.

"How about you?"

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "I don't know what I want to do with my life."

"Well, what makes you happy?"

The question stumped me. There were plenty of things that made me happy, but none of which I could make a career out of. "I don't know. Let me think about it, I'll get back to you."

Sam nodded, smiling.

"'Morning sunshines," Janelle smiled at Sam and I as she skipped down the stairs, her wet hair sticking to her back. She skipped into the kitchen, where I knew she smiled and hugged Elijah and kissed him.

I rolled my eyes.

"What?" Sam questioned.

"Them," I sighed. "They're the definition of perfect."

"Are you jealous?"

I nodded. "Most definitely."

Sam sat up, and looked into the kitchen. I followed his gaze, where I saw Janelle sitting on the counter, and Elijah standing in front of her, looking at her as if she were the only other person in the world.

Sam leaned back. "I guess I would be, too."

"Fuck," we heard, and turned our attention to the stairs. Dean tripped, tumbling down the stairs. Elijah and Janelle rushed out of the kitchen, worried expressions on their faces. When Elijah saw Dean wasn't hurt, he began to laugh, and I couldn't help but join in.

Janelle smacked her boyfriend's arm, but he continued to laugh, even as he turned and went back into the kitchen. Janelle followed, lecturing him about how it wasn't nice of him to laugh at his friend's pain.

I got up from the couch, still laughing as I made my way over to Dean. "You okay?" I asked in between giggles.

"He's had worse," Sam called from the couch. Dean glared at his brother before redirecting his glare to me.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? It was a pretty nasty fall." I teased. Dean continued to glare. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you should be." He stuck his hand out, and I took it, helping him up. "You owe me, Hepburn."

"Hepburn?"

He shrugged. "You never told me your last name."

"Alright, James Dean. What do I owe you?"

He smirked. "A date. Tonight, let's say six?"

I smiled. "I suppose I could see if I'm available."

He shook his head a little, letting out a small laugh before making his way into the kitchen.

--

"You guys are going to get married." Janelle sighed before throwing herself on my bed.

"We haven't even been on one date yet," I laughed, throwing a pillow at her.

She stuck her tongue out at me as she caught it. "So?"

"I think you might be confusing us with you and Elijah."

She smiled. "Maybe." She set the pillow down beside her, looking at my closet. "What are you going to wear?"

"Why do you think you're here?" I asked her, opening my closet.

She sat up straighter, her smile growing. "Really?"

"Go crazy."

--

After a couple hours and a lot of arguing, Janelle was done playing dress up, using me as her life-sized barbie doll.

She had demanded I changed multiple times before we managed to agree on an outfit. Tight black skinny jeans with holes in the knees and a dark pink tank top with spaghetti straps, the straps meeting in the back to form an intricate pattern between my shoulder blades.

Janelle, however, still was not satisfied. She demanded that I let her curl my naturally straight hair and do my make up, to which I refused. After some arguing, we agreed on her doing my make up, but leaving my hair.

At five-thirty, we were done, and sitting on my couch.

"So you like him?"

I shrugged. "I guess? I've been forced to spend the past two weeks with him."

"Forced?" Janelle laughed. "It wasn't forced darling, you could've bailed anytime you wanted to."

"But we don't want her home." my mom joked as she entered the room, sitting on the love seat across from Janelle and I.

"I don't blame you. She's kind of a pain."

"Hey!" I smacked Janelle with a pillow, making my mom laugh.

"Where's your dad?" Janelle asked me.

"He's out with some of his friends. I think they're starting to plan their fantasy football league this year." Mom answered.

I groaned. Janelle laughed.

"What are you doing tonight? I can always stay." I offered.

She rolled her eyes. "Stay? You're at the Mikaelson's most of the summer."

I shrugged. "It's your fault for being so lenient." I teased.

"No, it's your fault for being so annoying." she laughed, standing up to kiss my forehead. "I'm going out with your aunt. Will you be here tonight?"

"No," Janelle answered for me. "We'll both be at Elijah's."

"Alright," she said. "Have fun, be safe, and I expect full details about the date."

"Okay," I smiled. "See you later."

"Love you!" she called as she exited the room.

"Love you too!"

"Come on," Janelle said. "Let's get to Elijah's house."

--

We arrived a few minutes before six.

"Are you nervous?"

"About?"

"Your date." Janelle rolled her eyes.

"Oh. No, not really."

"Really?"

"Why? Should I be?"

"If it were someone as attractive as Dean, I probably would be." she laughed.

I joined in. "I'll be sure to tell Elijah that."

"Oh, don't bother," she said as we walked up the steps to the house. "I already have."