A hot mess

The night was a fiasco. Everyone could tell that Ayse was trying to boycott the entire thing. She wasn't trying really hard to hide it though. Riza, as her older brother was saying all the right things to keep them here and calm but Ayse... she was in a complete denial about it.

Her mind kept going back to Kerem. To the words he said to her, his touch, to the small box that was waiting for her at her room. He truly surprised her with this gesture. But she wants to believe that it's his welcome to work gift. She's not sure if she's ready to face the fact that he has feelings for her, heck she can't even bring herself to admit her feelings for him. That is if she has any...

"Ayse!" Her mother's voice brings her back. "They are leaving honey. We should see them out." She says with a soft pat at the back. She wasn't listening so she doesn't know if they agreed on an engagement or not. But judging from the look on her brother's face this night didn't have the outcome he wanted. When they are finally gone he lets it all out.

"I don't know what you were thinking but you won't stop me from taking care of you. This man is a good chance for you. You will start your life next to him."

"And what if I don't want that? What will happen then?" Ayse asks.

"I want him. That's all it matters. You are still young. You don't know what's right for you. You are going to marry him. I'm telling them soon."

"You better kill me first because I'm not marrying him." She yells at him and slams her bedroom door behind her.

* * * * * *

She doesn't show up at her work the next day. Gonca offers to fill her in and help Kerem with his schedule today but he refuses.

"What happened? Why didn't she call me?" Kerem asks as he tries to find out why she's not here.

"She didn't really tell me..." Gonca says since she doesn't know how much she can share with him. She doesn't know what Ayse wants him to know. "Something happened at her house last night..."

And with that Kerem knew something was off. He grabs his jacket and tells her to cancel all his morning appointments. "I'll be back with Ayse in no time." It's the last thing Gonca hears.

Thirty minutes later he's outside of her house ringing the doorbell. A sweet lady, that Kerem presumes it's Ayse's mom, opens the door.

"Hello. I'm Kerem Yigiter. Ayse's boss. She didn't show up at work today and I got worried that something might have happened..."

"Welcome Mr. Kerem. I'm Melahat, her mother. Please come on in." Kerem follows her as she pulls out some slippers for him to wear. "She's not feeling very well today. We had an... incident last night."

"I hope nothing serious." He plays it cool but deep down he just wants to run to her.

"Nothing that can't be solved. Shall I prepare you some tea?" She asks but at the same time someone call her name.

"It's one of our neighbors. Just give me a minute. Ayse will be up soon either way." She says and leaves him alone after nodding at the direction of Ayse's bedroom. He waits for a whole minute and then he opens her door.

She's here sleeping and she never looked more relaxed and beautiful. He thinks of throwing a blanket over her but she stirs and moves and she opens her eyes.