Quickly realised that the man was still staring at her with a grin on his face

Quickly realised that the man was still staring at her with a grin on his face. Kari coughed, making her voice lower. "I promised my friend that I would go out to drink with him but he doesn't know that I work as a butler." Kari lied flawlessly, making up an excuse, shaping her facial expression to an awkward looking one, and scratching the back of her head to make her nervous act seem more believable.

The man nodded and turned to look at the phone. "That model is so outdated. Where did you get it from?" 

Kari almost made a shocked expression on her face from what she heard. The fact that the phone she had in her hand was an old model was unbelievable when it was one of the latest releases! Was the demon country that much more advanced!?

Kari controlled the muscles in her face, making up another excuse. She lied, "Oh, this phone is from my deceased grandmother. I was really close to her so I'm still using this phone. In that way, I feel like she's always with me." Giving her phone a longing look, she sighed and gripped it tighter. Kari felt extremely proud of her acting skills. 

"My condolences." The man said and Kari nodded, forgiving him.

"What's your name, butler?" He asked.

"We are not allowed to share our names, sir. I apologise." Kari replied back. She was wearing a mask for an obvious reason!

"Oh, I order you to tell me then." The man said shamelessly.

Kari felt her face twitching. She immediately calmed herself and smiled, "My name is Kane, sire." 

The man nodded, "My name is Sugo. It's nice to meet you, Kane."

Kari bowed down, "Likewise. Sir, are you planning to stay here or go back in?"

The man shook his head, "I'm gonna stay here. You can do your stuff. I won't tell on you."

Kari thanked him and stared at her phone again, thinking of an excuse. She sighed, 'I can just teleport home. Perhaps I should tell them to go back first? Will they want to leave without me though? Can I persuade them?'.

Kari contemplated and decided to give it a try.

"Hello, Qino? I'm a bit busy right now. Can you guys go without me? I won't be able to make it."

"What!? Why? What's wrong?"

For the first time, Kari heard the aggravation in Qino's voice. Feeling touched, Kari reassured him. "Don't worry, I'm fine. Just go off without me. I will meet you there."

"How can I be assured that you will make it back!"

"Trust me, Qino! I'm positive! Please?"

After endless persuasion, Kari finally managed to convince Qino.

On the other side, it stayed silent for a while.

"Fine. You better make it back. If I don't see you at school. I will inform the teachers immediately."

Kari grinned, "I will definitely be there! Bye!"

Qino sighed, "Stay safe, bye."

Qino hung up and Kari smiled. 

"Managed to convince your friend?" Sugo asked with a smirk.

Kari then remembered his presence and nodded. "Yes, I'm gonna go back, sir. See you later. Or maybe not." Kari walked off quickly before he could say anything.

Once she was out of sight from the balcony, Kari quickly went in the opposite direction. Spotting the staircase again, she went to it and went up to the 4th floor.

The sky had gotten darker and you could see the moon now. The moonlight was shining down on the tall glass-paned windows.

Kari walked silently, making sure her feet won't make any noise. She spotted multiple dark wooden doors around. It was dark and the moon was her only light.

Kari felt something was going to attack her. She felt a menacing atmosphere approaching behind her fast. Kari frowned, turning around. She quickly took out a dagger from her space storage and blocked the attack.

Gritting her teeth in annoyance, she quickly placed a few more blows before the other party could react. Dashing forward, she flung her dagger towards the attacker. He was a young boy with golden eyes and hair. He had a stone expression on his face as he blocked the dagger with his sword.