Chapter Two~The Second Encounter

Start from the beginning

Then it became real. The college from outside the gates looked perfectly fine. But when I entered I looked up, and saw a UFO. It wasn't like how they presented it in the media, not a little flying saucer, with green aliens. I thought of how impossible this was, but then realised how true this was. The incident with Big Ben. That was aliens. Obviously aliens.

This ship was like a brick, but it filled the sky. It must have had some sort of device to cloak itself outside the college grounds. I pushed the gates together, making sure no one could get in. But that meant that no one could get out.

Am I locking everyone in, or locking people out?

I locked it anyway. I could get them out. I saw a couple at the front. "Hey, get out. Get out the grounds." I yelled. I watched them leave then, saw their confusion on their face as they saw it disappear. "Just go." I shouted. I ran into the building and gathered as many kids I could at a time, normally only groups of 10. Most of them had gone out for dinner, the food sucked here. But there were always ones that lingered.

In the center of the campus I saw a couple people had passed out. I used a water bottle that I had to wake them up and told them to run out of the school grounds. I still hadn't seen Sadie. Her phone had abruptly hung up about ten minutes ago. I called her back.

"Malia?" She whispered, still whimpering. "Sadie, where are you?" I asked, keeping to the sides of the building, so nothing saw me. "Girls bathroom, second floor." She whispered. I still hadn't seen what had invaded us. "Okay, I'm coming." I replied, checking the corner. When I saw nothing there I ran past. "Okay, hurry." She whispered. Then I noticed...

"Wait... Sadie? Why are you whispering?" I asked.

She whimpered quietly again, and took a small, quiet breathe. "Because I think there's something in here with me." She whimpered. And with those words... I knew the danger was imminent. "Okay. I have a plan. Listen closely."

I explained my plan, whilst checking everywhere for other kids, but there was no one left. And the teachers had took out the students that they had been with and anyone they found. Just me and Sadie left. I took a breathe, and took out my laptop. I opened the door to the dance studio, plugging in my laptop to the speakers. I thought of the loudest song that I knew. Set a timer for it to play, and turned up the speakers.

I opened the elevator sat in it. And heard as the music started to play. I heard colossal footsteps travel down the stairs. "Have they gone, Sadie?" I whispered.

"Yeah." She sounded a little better, but still teary-eyed. "Don't move. I'm coming to you." I replied. I still hadn't seen the creatures, but my question would soon be answered, as I watched them storm downstairs. On the stairs I saw big black leather boots. They wore all leather and looked to be about 6 feet tall, and weighed a considerable amount.

They were walking in sync and on this one stair case, there were at least 20. But that wasn't the scariest detail. On top of their leather-bound bodies was the head of a rhino. "You could of told me that they were rhino's." I whispered. "Rhino's?" She asked. I had no time to answer. "Still remember the plan?" I asked. "Yeah." She replied. I pushed the button to the second floor. When I eventually got out, Sadie was stood waiting. She hugged me, tighter than ever. She kissed my cheek. "OMG. I love you." She smiled.

I was going to say that I was straight again, but I thought it would be completely uncalled for. "I love you too, Sades." I smiled, she knew I meant as in a friend way. We both sat waiting in the elevator for the music on this floor to kick in. The music stopped down stairs, about 5 minutes ago. "I hope they smashed the speaker and not my laptop?" I whispered. "Is that what you're worried about right now?" Sadie asked. "I'm trying to distract us." I replied. "Oh, well it didn't work." She added.