"Why does my dad owe your dad?" I finally ask after a few minutes of silence.

"Drugs and gambling." My eyes snap up to his, his green eyes holding nothing but the truth.

"Drugs? Gambling I believe but... drugs?" I sigh, running a hand through my tangled mess of blonde hair. I grab my hair tie on my wrist, and throw it up into a messy bun. I'm sure there's blood in it anyway. Jake's eyes watch every movement. "How long has he had you watching me?"

"A few months. I'm sorry about Kian, the guy who came here the other day. I didn't know about that until today."

"I kind of wish he had just done what he threatened," I blurt out, then stare at him with wide eyes, not meaning to say that out loud. His eyes are wide too, and suddenly, his arms are wrapped around me, tightly. But not painfully. It's actually comforting.

"I don't want to ever hear you say that again. I'm getting you away from him," he says, referring to my dad.

"You know," I start, after we're silent for a minute. "You're not that scary for a mafia leaders son." He chuckles in my ear, and steps back to look at me.

"I have a soft spot for you." He smirks. I blush at his words, making him laugh.

"If you were watching me, why didn't you know what my dad was doing?" His smirk fades quickly.

"I only watched you at school. Kian was around when you were home, but nobody saw what happened behind closed doors. Now I wish I had. I could have stopped this sooner."

"If something happens to my dad though, I'll have to move to Florida. That's where my mom lives."

"I'm not gonna kill him, Emma." He rolls his eyes, looking amused.

"I figured, being mafia and all." I raise an eyebrow at him. How am I not scared around him? He hurts people, like my dad does, but somehow... he doesn't scare me. "What would you do to him?"

"Have a nice conversation with him." He smiles. I raise an eyebrow, pursing my lips. My lip stings, but I get my point across, cause he sighs, and runs a hand through his dark brown hair. "I'm going to talk to my dad, and he'll decide what happens."

"Will you let me know, before anything happens? I can't believe I'm okay with this, what the fuck is wrong with me."

"Everyone has their breaking point." He avoids my other question, but I drop it. He stands between my legs again, continuing cleaning my face. The temperature rises in the small room, just from him touching me.

I'll admit, I've always been attracted to Jake, but we've always been on opposite sides. He's the bad boy, I'm the queen bee. He's apparently the mafia leaders son, and my dad is a piece of shit.

"He'll be home soon. If you're not letting me stay here, where am I supposed to go?"

"Can you stay with Kira or Danielle for the night? Until I figure something out," he asks, applying a bandaid to the cut on my cheekbone.

"I'll ask Dee if I can stay with her. She knows about my dad."

"Okay. Good. Let's go get you a bag packed, and you can call Danielle." I nod, and he lifts me off of the sink. My waist meets with his, and my eyes flick up to his. His green eyes glaze over with lust, before he clears his throat, and sets me on my feet.

"My room is up the stairs," I tell him. I grab his hand, and lead him up the stairs to my room. Then I remember what my dad did to it. "Sorry, it's a mess."

He runs his free hand through his hair, looking around the room. "What the fuck happened in here?" His eyes land on the blood on the wood floors, and his jaw clenches. I let go of his hand, rushing over to wipe up the blood.

"My dad. He was going through my stuff to find my money my mom sends me. He didn't look in the right places. Then, he threw me against that wall, and did this." I motion to my face. He grabs my hand and pulls me to stand back up on my feet.

"That mother fucker," he growls, still looking at the blood. "Pack a bag, Emma. You're leaving and never coming back."

I nod, and grab my suitcase from my closet. I pack some clothes, the makeup that isn't destroyed, and everything else essential. Everything else I can just replace. With the money I have saved, I might be able to get my own place.

"Turn around. I need to change my shirt." He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Okay, princess." He turns around, and I pull my bloodied shirt over my head. I walk into my closet, and grab a plain black long sleeved shirt, and slip it on.

"Okay." He turns back around, as I walk over to my window. "And lastly, the money he couldn't find." I pop out my window seat, and pull a wood board out, revealing my money hidden at the bottom.

"Damn." He whistles, looking at my stash. I shove it into a duffel bag, and zip it up. "How much is that exactly?"

"About fifteen grand. My mom and her husband always send me money, like a lot of money, and I haven't touched most of it. I put a small amount into my dads saving account he didn't know about."

"You're too good of a person, Emma Carter," Jake says, taking my bags from me. We walk down the stairs in silence, and outside. He places the bags in my Range Rover, and looks at the car parked across the street. Kian. "I'll be right back."

I watch him walk across the street, and talk to Kian. They both look over at me repeatedly, as I lean against my car. After a few minutes, Jake walks back over to me.

"Everything okay?" I ask, sending a text to Dee. She agreed to me staying with her tonight.

"Yeah. Just telling him to let my dad know to expect us in a few minutes."

"Wait, what? Why?" I slip my phone into my back pocket, and notice his eyes watching the movement. His eyes land on mine again.

"Because, your dad owes my dad. He needs to see what your dad is doing to you. He needs to know what that jackass is doing to his daughter."

Well, looks like I'm meeting the Don.