Κεφάλαιο 4

My footsteps echoed throughout the palace. 

The servants were on the edge when I passed. With all my might I opened the doors. From my strength they hit the wall and just like that the room fell silent and I had everyone's attention. In the middle stand no other than Amon, pointing to the egg I found. While the others around him laughed and admired it. 

"YOU!" I said pointing at him with a look that could kill him. 

"Can I help you with something?" 

"You stole my egg!" 

"Correction I found the egg . It was at my feet." 

"Only because a monster was trying to kill me!" 

"But you weren't holding  the egg." 

"Because it was choking me!" 

"And I should care why?" He said with an ironic smug smile that made everyone start laughing at me. He came so close to me that his breath met mine in the few millimetres that separated us. 

"In the end you proved to me what I already knew, you are nothing more than a pathetic, weak, little, angel." 

That's it.

 A loud sound was heard all over the room, causing everyone to be silent once more and look at me with awe and surprise. 

"How dare you raise a hand on me? Do you know who I am?" 

"You are nothing more than a selfish asshole who thinks of no one but his little insignificant self." And just like that I finally managed to erase that stupid smile from his face. Our eyes were locked, we were burning holes in each others head. 

I could feel my hands starting to burn. I walked away and closed my eyes trying to calm down. They didn't need to know about my ability to bend fire. This would make me even more weird in their eyes. I felt hands touching my shoulders, it was Alice. She spoke to me through the psychic link we shared. 

"Davina calm down, it's not worth it." 

There was a laugh. 

"As I said, weak. She can't even stand a small quarrel and she needs the hug of her friend so she doesn't cry. Pathetic." In the last word he looked at me from top to bottom. 

Screw control. 

My hands light with fire and I threw it in his direction. At that moment, I was just trembling with anger and Alice with fear. She has seen me when I lose control, and let's just say things are not nice. Amon looked at me with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth. Of course, I didn't throw it at him, but right next to him. After all, where would be the fun in that? 

"But you're an angel. Angels don't have..." 

"Fire?" I didn't let him finish. "Apparently I'm not what you think, am I Amon."

 The expression of shock turned in fractions of seconds into anger, but I didn't care. I turned my back and left this room before I completely lost control. I felt Alice right behind me. I stopped  and turned abruptly to look at her. 

"WHAT?" 

"Cut the attitude, it's me you are talking to." She was right, I burst on her. 

"You're right sorry." The atmosphere softened a little. "You know what it's like when I get angry. I can't control myself." 

"I know. That's why I tried to help you, but Satan's seed had to open up his stupid mouth and make the situation worse." We both looked at each other and laughed at the characterization she chose for Amon. It suited him perfectly, metaphorically and literally.