Chapter 3

With my thoughts haunting me last night, I couldn't sleep much. Needless to say, in the morning when Alice came, she cursed me for not resting at all last night. 

Of course, I didn't tell her the real reason why my sleep was disturbed. She would behead me first and then Amon. With me, it is a betrayal of our friendship, with Amon it would be simply because she had long wanted him dead, and violating the veto would be a great opportunity to fulfil her deepest desire.

 The only thing I could say to her at that moment was that stress had been a barrier between me and my dear friend sleep last night. She didn't seem to believe me, but she didn't push it, and for that I was grateful. After a day of preparation, the council called us to announce the first challenge. 

What a perfect way to start your day! Note of my sarcasm here.

We all sat in the room, of course waiting for the Prince of Hell to honour us with his presence. After five minutes the huge wooden doors opened and behind them appeared the coveted face we were all waiting for. Immediately, everyone sat in their seats, Alice on her throne and everyone else around. 

"The first of three trials that the two opponents are going to complete after hours of deliberation and meeting, we decided it would be to find the last egg of a dragon." I kept my mouth open. "He is senting us in vain mission. Everyone knows that dragons do not exist, let alone their eggs!" Everyone started laughing and Alice facepalmed. 

"Miss Davina, the dragons, although they have been extinct for many millennia, the real creatures of the sky know that they are not just a myth but a reality."

 If it wasn't for Alice's reaction I wouldn't believe it but at that moment I realized I was making a big mistake. I didn't know it, but I wasn't one hundred percent an angel, I was half a witch and therefore a human being. But that was something I hadn't confessed to her. 

"Now that we've taught Davina history, the challenge begins. The rules are simple you search it, you found it, and the first person to return it here will be the winner of the first challenge." He said and from what I understood so far he was the leader. 

Amon didn't say anything, all the time he was sitting in a corner immersed in his thoughts. I wondered if he was thinking about what happened last night. Did he regret it? He liked it? Did he realized it was wrong? Well, I doubt for the last. I don't think this demon is capable of feeling any emotion at all. Without looking at me, he got up and left the room first, and I was left staring like an idiot at the corridor in which he vanished. 

"Come with me." Alice took me by the hand and pulled me to a huge library. It's as if I had never seen such a big one in my life. In the middle of the office sat a boy who seemed to be around our age. Blonde hair with brown eyes. His gaze from afar seemed quite innocent but I suspected that I was probably wrong since he was here. He had that whole aura of a sweet nerd that runs to serve your every need. 

"Davina, let me introduce you, Michael, he may seem a little unusual and happy about this place but the truth is he doesn't belong here. Somehow we got him from the place upstairs. He's an angel." I sat down and looked at her strangely. "But I thought angels were forbidden here." I said somewhat frowning.

 "Like I said a great story." I turned and looked at him, he really had a happy smile that went all the way to his ears. It didn't stick with that place at all." It is difficult to coexist with creatures that are constantly frowning and angry. We're talking about a lot of fatigue. "Michael said as he waved his hand at me.

"Yes, I imagine. "I said a little more collected.

"So Michael, what did you find? "Alice said, pushing him to get into the matter. 

"Right. Well, according to Greek mythology, Zeus, who was the leader of the twelve gods, had slaughtered Typhous, who is not exactly a dragon but is close enough since it breaths fire and make various animal sounds and was a reptile. Long story short, he found an egg in his nest and here it writes that because he didn't want to tempt any man, he got the egg himself, although I think he just did it to satisfy his ego." I looked at Alice and we said together . 

"On the subject!" 

"Alright, alright, well, based on what I found here, it says that he kept it in his temple." He stopped. 

"Where is it?" I asked impatiently. 

"In Patra and specifically in Ilia." 

"Where the hell is that ?! "

"You have to travel all the way to Greece. "

"Greece? "

"We don't have time for that, I'll teleport you there immediately Amon will be there already. Get this when you find it, rub it three times and you'll be back." Alice said and gave me a stone with some shapes engraved on it. 

Before I knew it, the landscape around me turned from a luxurious room adorned with gold into a landscape with vast expanses of nature covering my field of vision. Well, fuck me. He didn't even tell me what this thing looks like. I looked around and found no evidence of the temple's location. 

After a few hours of searching I found some old ancient ruins. The white domes stood upright in all their glory. From next to them the ruins adorned pieces from the other domes that had been destroyed over time. 

Nice, and now that I found the place I have to find the egg. Half hour later of a lot irritating search I gave up. There is no way I could find it. As soon as I reached the floor, I heard something click and the ground beneath me opened. In the few seconds I had before the impending collision I raised my head, looked up at the sky and just 

"You're fucking kidding me now." 

And those were my last words. 

Before a scream could be heard as I fell into an unknown underground tunnel. The collision with the ground was not the best experience but at least I didn't fall face down and that I count it in my favour. I got up and noticed my room around me, four large torches lit up the space, and a red carpet with golden details unfolded beneath my feet. At the other end there was a golden baby crib. Inside of it was a velvet-red blanket that covered the egg. 

YES I found it. I immediately grabbed it in my hands. Wait a second, this is way to easy. A warm breath on my neck confirmed my worries. With slow movements I turned and saw an anthropomorphic savoury creature. Damn. 

"That's yours I guess." I said trying to lighten the atmosphere. But he didn't seem to have an appetite for jokes. Oops. 

He hit me hard, throwing me to the other side of the room. I launched in the most awkward way but I managed to protect the egg in my arms. 

Think Davina, quickly. 

He was approaching me with his eyes full of desire to kill. He grabs me by the neck and holds me in the air drowning me. The egg slipped and slid until it reached a very familiar pair of shoes. 

"Amon, help me." He looked at me with a sly smile. "And why would I do that princess?" He took the egg and disappeared. 

What a piece of shit. ASSHOLE. I felt the anger burning inside me. 

I raised my hands and touched the creature that was trying to kill me. He started screaming as my hands burned the skin on his neck. After a while he let me and started screaming and while I had the opportunity to leave, I couldn't, my hands were stuck on him. I wanted to see him die with my own eyes. He fell to his knees and then collapsed on the floor. 

Silencing forever. 

Now I had to deal with my other monster.