Me
Hey babes I'm waiting for you. Where you at.

I waited for a response but didn't get one, so I texted again.

Me
Charli the bus is gonna be here in 10 minutes. Respond.

After waiting and still being left on delivered I started to get a little bit worried.

Me
Hey Charli are you ok? Why aren't you responding?

I called here like 10 times she didn't pick up a single one. The bus was probably gonna get to the school in 5 minutes, but I was worried so I went to look for her. I looked around the whole school until I finally found her sitting with Addison just talking. I was relieved that she was okay, but kinda pissed she didn't pick up my calls. I approached her, apparently she didn't hear me coming... "Hey Char", I said. She jumped a bit, and looked up to me wide eyed. "Holy shoot you scared me Dix!", she yelled. Addison and I began to laugh, she rolled her eyes at us. "I've was waiting for you at our place, but when you didn't show up I got worried, and I've called you like 10 times!" I shouted, I wasn't mad, I was just scared because something bad could've happened to her, and I wouldn't know. I know it seems weird when I care about people, but shes my sister, and I love her. "Oh shoot, sorry Dix I totally forgot about having to ride the bus this year!", she said as her face turned red. "It's fine, I'm not mad I was just worried about you.", I said calmly. "My phone died that why I didn't answer, and I was waiting over here because this is where we met last year when mom picked us up all the time.", she said. I smiled at her, she was all flustered about it, and she kept apologizing, even though I told her it would be okay. "Char!", I shouted to get her attention. She looked up at me "It's fine I swear I'm not mad. I know it was an accident, its just... we missed our bus.", I said calmly so she could calm down. She looked at the ground for a second and back at me. Our parents are now working full time jobs so they can't pick us up from school all the time anymore. I was about out of ideas when Addison chimed in. "I'll take you home", she said with a smile on her face. I looked up and smiled back, "Really?", I asked not thinking she would offer after everything earlier. "Sure!", she said with a laugh. "Thanks Addi that's really nice of you", I replied, grinning. Charli smiled as I responded to her. She was acting all weird because I was being nice, I mean I guess the chances of me being nice to people at school are rare, but never zero.

***

Addison's POV
When my mom arrived I explained what happened and she was happy to drive Charli and Dixie home. I let Charli sit in the front with my mom because she practically begged me to let her, and Dixie and I sat in the back. I was scrolling through my TikTok, when I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked over and Dixie was looking at me. There was a silence, and I was pretty confused until she finally spoke. "Hey I just wanted to say sorry for earlier, I know I was pretty rude, and normally I'm like that, but I thought about it and I really feel bad about it", she said nervously. I smiled at her and accepted her apology. Then her hand lifted from my thigh as she leaned in for a hug. I was shocked at first because she seems like the type of person that gets pissed when you try and touch them, but I leaned in and hugged her back. Just then Charli turned around with the biggest smile on her face. I was going to pull away but I decided to ignore the fact that she was watching mine and Dixie's every move, and loving every second of it. Dixie then squeezed harder indicating that she was about to let go. When she sat up again she touched her finger to my nose and smirked, which caused butterflies to spin rapidly in my stomach. I blushed, and tried to hide it, but apparently that didn't work.

Dixie's POV
When I saw her blush I laughed a little, it was pretty cute, all the facial expressions she was making. I looked out the window to see that we were approaching my house. I unbuckled my seat belt, and grabbed my backpack, hoisting it onto my back, and prepared myself to get out. "Bye Ads" I said with a smile. She smiled back, "Bye Dix...catch ya later", she said grinning. I laughed and opened the door, Charli was standing on the sidewalk waiting for me. I started to walk away, but turned when Addison called. "Dix wait!", she said.

Oop! left ya hanging! Don't be mad I'll update soon. But anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter, I made it longer because I haven't updated in a while. I'm trying to update at least every other day but sometimes it's hard because I have homework, and I have to think of ideas for a new chapter, but I try my best! If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment, and all that other stuff. Anyway my dad keeps yelling at me because I didn't play him back in Imessage games so I'm gonna leave it at that. Remember stay positive, stay safe, and don't forget to WASH YOUR HANDS! I love y'all a lot!
-Isabelle🖤

📖1791 words📖