chapter 3

Charli's POV

***

After class we headed to lunch. I told Addison to sit at the table we always sat at last year, the one in the corner, where it was more peaceful than the other parts of the pretty small space. She went to sit, and I told her that i'd be back in a few. I walked into the huge crowd of people congregated in the middle of the lunch room, and looked around until I spotted Dixie. I started to walk up to her, and when she heard someone coming she turned her head. "Hey" I said to her, she turned so she was facing me and then said, "Hey what's up?" Dixie wasn't all that bad of a person around me she just hates everyone else. I looked up at her so she could tell I was pretty serious. "You know my friend Addison that you ran into in the hall today", I said to her. She looked at me for a second and then grinned, looking away and starting to chuckle, "Oh her...yeah she's bitch", she laughed. I frowned and stared at her again, "You don't know that! The only time you've ever seen her is when you two accidentally bumped shoulders in the hall this morning!", I shouted, she could tell I was getting a little aggravated with her, so she started to be serious again. "Ok fine...maybe I was a little rude...but still I...", she began but I cur her off. "No Dixie, no excuses you were rude, and I know you're not very nice to everyone else, but thats my friend so try and be nicer.", I said raising my voice a little so she could tell I meant every word. "Seriously Charli!", she said rolling her eyes far back in her head. "Just try...ok?" I said giving her puppy dog eyes. "Fine!", she said obviously a little pissed off that I was annoying her. "And...", I started to say as she was going to walk away, she turned and groaned, "For the love of God what now!" "come sit with me" I continued. She looked at with a look that screamed, are you serious, "Fine" she said loudly, "as long as you promise to leave me alone for the rest of the day" she said. "Deal!" I said excitedly, as we walked over the our table.

Dixie's POV
God she's annoying I thought to myself. As we approached her table I saw that girl Addison from earlier, I rolled my eyes, and sat down. I was scrolling through my phone, when I heard a voice say, "I like your shoes", I look up and see Addison looking at me, smiling. I roll my eyes and flick her off. I go to look back at my phone but am stopped by Charli smacking my arm. I looked over to her and she glared at me. "Just try and be nicer" those words rung in my head over and over. Charli was obviously pissed at me because I didn't do anything close to what we just talked about. I didn't wanna put up with any of her petty bullshit later, so I looked back over to Addison, "Thanks", I said. Addison lifted her head and grinned, "No problem", she respond. Charli smiled at me and than began talking to Addison. I completely zoned out scrolling through my TikTok feed. Once again Charli smacked my shoulder. I blinked hard coming back to reality. "Hello earth to Dixie", I heard her say, but I didn't respond, she smacked harder, "Dix...Hello", she shouted. I turned, "I'm here...sorry I spaced out", I said, Addison laughed, I smiled at her. I guess she's not that bad of a person after all. "The bell rung", Charli said "Alright see you on the bus", I said tapping the top of her head. I was about to walk away when I decided to do something you'd never expect, "Catch you later...Addi", I said as I walked away. I was pretty shocked at my own words, I rarely ever really talk to people at school, mostly because there all scared of me, but also because I don't care enough.

Addison's POV
I blushed when she called me Addi, normally only close friends call me that. I'm not mad though, I just never expected that I might actually have the chance of even being friends with her, after everything that happened this morning. "See she's decent sometimes", Charli said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah I guess so", I responded, smiling. At that we headed off to last period, laughing about nonsense pretty much the whole way there.

***

Dixie's POV
After school I went to the place where me and Charli were gonna met to wait for our bus to come. After about five minutes she still didn't show. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket, and opened my messages.