twenty six

harry was sleeping peacefully in his and zayn's room. night had now fell and the other four were still wide awake. after harry's freak out, he cried for about half an hour, then he ate a huge meal and went straight to sleep. niall was still a bit freaked out by everything, and wondered how harry could sleep like a baby after all of this.

gemma had woken up not long after harry went to sleep. she had a cut on the back of her head and she was pretty disoriented and shaken up. zayn let her rest on the couch, while the other three cleaned up the mess. niall sat out, once it came time to deal with louis' bloodied body, not wanting to touch or be near it at all. louis had deep teeth marks and scratches all over him. his throat look like harry nearly ate it, and niall was sickened by the sight.

zayn and liam were awfully quiet through out the night, giving each other looks as if they were reading each other's minds, and niall was confused, and concerned for his friend. they both clearly knew something, and niall wanted to know what was going on, because this was not something niall knew could happen when harry first became immortal. so, there was more to it than they lead them to believe.

now that everything had settled down, and cleaned up, something needed to be said. zayn was sitting in a chair with his face in his hands, gemma was laying down on the sofa, eyes roaming in no particular direction. while niall and liam sat together on the recliner, liam playing with niall's fingers. niall kept looking from both liam to zayn, waiting to see if either of them were gonna say anything any time soon. niall was getting anxious.

"zayn." niall says. zayn lifts his head and looks across the room at niall, who's eyes are narrowed at him. zayn sighs deeply, he already knew what was about to come next. "care to give me an explanation?"

"uh, yeah i think we both need one." gemma speaks up, giving zayn an accusing look with narrowed eyes. zayn looks at her with an annoyed expression. he wasn't really in the mood for gemma's attitude at the moment.. there was bigger matters to worry about.

"zayn?" niall says again. zayn inhales a breath of air, returning his eyes to look at niall again. "what happened?"

"harry just went through a full transformation." zayn tells him.

"into a demon?" niall asked in confusion. zayn shakes his head no.

"no, he's not a demon, biologically. he's just immortal.. but being immortal is more than just an expanded lifetime." zayn explains, sighing.

"then what is it?"

"usually once you become immortal, the transformation can take a couple months to fully happen, but in some situations, it can happen as fast as turning a light switch." zayn explains.

"and it usually happens when they feel like they're in danger, and their bodies quickly go into protection mode, therefore undergoing a full transformation, where their at their strongest, their fastest."

"harry was in danger... so he needed to protect himself." niall mumbles, mostly to himself.

"yes, it's also triggered by immense amount of emotions, like anger, sadness or confusion." zayn says.

"that's why we didn't want you to run towards him when he had first awaken, niall." liam pipes in. niall looks at him. "not only because of his newfound strength, but we didn't want to get him overwhelmed while he was in a vulnerable state. it could've triggered him."

"oh, i get it now."

"yeah, i didn't really want to bring that up at the time. harry already had enough shit he was dealing with, it never felt like the right time." zayn sighs.

"w-what does this mean then?" niall asked.

"it just means harry's going to be very vulnerable for the next couple days, very sensitive, we just need to keep a close eye on, and make sure he's okay." zayn tells them, and turns to narrow his eyes at gemma who's looking back at him. "and try not to upset him."

"why are you looking at me for?" she hisses.

"because, you've been the one upsetting him for the last couple weeks, and you know it." zayn says through clenched teeth. gemma glares at him, but doesn't say anything, because she knows he's right. her and harry have been at each other's throats since their mum passed, and they had only just made up today until all the shit went down.

"well, it doesn't matter because we made up anyw-"

"zayn?" all of their heads snap in the direction of harry's voice. he was standing at the bottom of the stairs. no one had heard him come down them. he was rubbing his eyes tiredly. zayn is quick to get up and go over to him. he places his hand on harry's waist, the other one going to stroke his cheek.

"are you okay, baby?" zayn whispers.

harry nods, "yeah. will you come lay with me?" he asked, his voice is soft but raspy, and almost childlike. zayn's heart melts. zayn smiles weakly, nodding slightly.

"i will babe, c'mon." zayn says. he wraps his arm around harry's waist and leads them back upstairs to the room, where they lie down. harry nuzzles his face into zayn's chest, wrapping his arms and legs around him like a koala bear. zayn holds him close, rubbing the small of his back gently. they lay there in a silence for a while until zayn assumes that harry has fallen back to sleep. that is, until he hears tiny sniffles a moment later and harry slightly shaking. zayn can feel wetness against his chest. he tightens his arms around harry, knowing already that harry was going to be emotional and clingy for the next couple days. harry didn't say anything, he just quietly weeped against zayn's chest, while zayn did all he could to comfort him. he did finally fall asleep, still clinging to zayn.

zayn sighs, "it's going to be a long week."

~

sorry guys if this chapter was boring. 😔 hopefully next chapter will be better. i might end this story soon cause i feel like it's dying down.

love y'all x