thirteen

"zayn, you gotta fucking see this." liam says as he barges into the office room, slamming the door shut. zayn frowns, eyeing his friend oddly as he shoves a paper in his face. zayn grabs a hold of the paper. zayn's eyes scan over the paper, his eyes narrowing and jaw clenches as he reads further into it.

'man speaks out about his miraculous recovery after being paralyzed in a tragic car crash that took place last year, having also losing the ability to verbally communicate. he is now able to walk again, and talk, doctors were unable to explain how it was possible. he, who goes by the name, louis, says his recovery is quote "a gift" and that he has intensions to take full advantage of this second opportunity at life.'

underneath the article there's a picture of louis, standing outside his home, smiling into the camera. zayn looks at the date, frowning. this article was posted just two days ago. two fucking days ago. which means, louis was possibly still there. whenever liam and zayn went there, it was vacant and dark. nothing to indicate he still resided there anymore.

knowing naraku, he'd take the chance to relocate and make it harder to find him. why would he make himself known to the public? even if he was 'louis' who is just another regular human, it was still a bit sketchy and zayn didn't trust it. he was basically screaming 'i'm here, come and get me', it was just too suspicious. he had to be planning something, but what? zayn could not fall into another trap and have something go wrong.

"fuck." zayn whispers.

"most likely, he wanted us to see that."

"he's up to something."

"yes, but let's not be too hasty, though. we still need to figure this out."

zayn narrows his eyes, "are you kidding? when i see him, i'm going to kill him."

"zayn, we need to think this through. don't want anyone else getting hurt." liam tells him. zayn huffs, growling softly. liam was right. they needed to be more smart about this, no matter how much they wanted to get to him. zayn was powerfully, but he wasn't a mind reader, he didn't know what naraku was thinking or planning. they had to piece everything together.

"yeah, okay." zayn huffs. liam nods at him.

"we need to devise a plan. we know where he is, we can take him down now."

"but first and most importantly, ensure harry's as well as niall's safety." zayn says. liam nods in agreement.

"i know, and next, we need to figure out how to corner him." liam starts. "if he's still in control of louis, he'll be easy to track."

"let's start by doing another raid of his house. see if there's anything we can find that'll lead us into clues."

"and what if he's there?"

"then, i guess we'll just have to kill him."

~

but naraku already had a plan of his own, in the making. with the help of louis, who's soul now belonged to him.

~

so what do you think? what's going to happen?

not proud of this chapter, that's why it's short, but it'll get better hopefully haha

x