Chapter One - Ah sh*t, here we go again

Start from the beginning

Off to the side of me, younger Trunks and the Pilaf gang were freaking out because they didn't know what was going on. Who can blame them. No one was really explaining things to them and the only ones who knew were too busy with other things at the moment.

About ten minutes or so passed and Bulma finally showed back up. She was talking with someone on a device that she was holding in her hands. Turning the device around, she showed them older Trunks and I could hear Vegeta's and Goku's voices from the device. "Bulma, is Trunks there? Not the older one but the younger one?" Vegeta asked.

"Yes, his right here."

"Have him raise his energy as high as he can."

"Did you hear that?" Bulma asked younger Trunks.

"What for? What's going on here?" he asked. "I don't even know who this guy is!" he pointed at the older version of himself.

"Just go! There's no time" Bulma demanded. Trunks did what his father wanted him to do. He got into a stance and let out a scream, rising his energy.

In a blink of an eye, Goku, Vegeta, Whis, and Lord Beerus arrived. Goku was wondering why was Trunks here this time around and Vegeta told him to hurry up and get some senzu beans.

Younger Trunks's teacher excused herself from everything that was going on and left. I could have sworn I heard Vegeta called her a wimp as she walked away. "You can't blame the poor woman" I started. "This right here, this isn't normal" I said making a circling motioning with my hand over older Trunks.

"(Y/n)?" Vegeta started. "Why are you here (Y/n)?"

"Internship, but it looks like that's canceled." He just 'hmph' and crossed his arms. We waited for Goku to come back with the senzu beans.

"Think fast!" Goku popped up and tossed one of the beans at Vegeta. Vegeta caught it and gave it to Bulma so she could give it to older Trunks. Bulma placed the bean in his mouth and he managed to get the senzu bean down. Older Trunks was slowly starting to open his eyes.

"You can do it Trunks, just shake it off" Goku cheered him on.

Trunks slowly sat up and stared at Goku. Goku spoke to him again but for some reason Trunks was enraged by this. "You bastard!" he exclaimed and attacked Goku. Goku stopped his punch.

"Whoa there" I commented as we were shocked to see him attack Goku like that.

"I...I'll make you pay" Trunks told Goku.

"What's the matter Trunks? It's me" Goku asked him but Trunks was persistent on hitting him.

"I'll kill you" he threatened Goku.

Bulma slapped Trunks in the back of the head. "What do you think you're doing? That's Goku!"

Older Trunks looked up at Goku, he looked like he couldn't believe it was him. "So it's really you? You're alive? But I thought when you got rid of Cell" Trunks started and Goku cut him off by laughing.

"Hehehe, a lot has happened since then, it's a long story but I'm back now."

Trunks apologized to Goku and Bulma started speaking. When she was talking, it looked like older Trunks was about to cry. "Mom" older Trunks said.

"Wow, so it's true" younger Trunks started. "He called mom, mom." This caused the younger boy to freak out because what Pilaf and he's gang were talking about was true. They made theories about the possibilities of who older Trunks is and what's his relationship with Bulma.

"They're both our sons but one of them is from the future" Bulma informed younger Trunks and the Pilaf gang.

Older Trunks collected his sword and we all went over to the time machine he came out of. Bulma began to talk about the time machine until Whis had informed her that messing with time was a serious taboo. "Meaning we could possibly be in trouble because this isn't the first time" I commented as I listened in on the conversation.

"Yes, traveling through time the way you mortals did can cause a catastrophic change. You need to remember that time is fragile" Whis warned us.

"If I knew I was going to get scolded by Whis and Beerus today, I would have stayed home" I thought to myself and sighed.

Not liking the fact older Trunks had tempered with time by using the time machine, Lord Beerus had threaten to punish older Trunks. Luckily Bulma was able to persuade both him and Whis with a couple of sausages she fished out of her pocket

"Here (Y/n), I know you were suppose to learn something from me today but I guess we'll have to wait until next time." Bulma handed me a sausage as well.

"It's okay Bulma" I told her and opened the sausage. "And besides, what's going on right now is a lot more interesting." I took a bite from it.

"Well that's good." Bulma went over to the time machine and had younger Trunks help her get inside of it. "Hey (Y/n), you should came have a look at the time machine with me." I walked over and floated up to where she was. I watched her mess around with it for a bit until she came across a thick blue journal. "Could it be?" she asked and flipped through the journal. "This is perfect, it's in my own handwriting." I peered over her shoulder and looked at the page she was looking at.

While we were busy with the time machine, Goku and Vegeta were asking Trunks what was threatening his timeline this time. They asked him if it was Majin Buu but he told them it wasn't. He also told them how he had already dealt with Babidi, Dabura, and Majin Buu with the help of Supreme Kai. Trunks then told them that the enemy that was threatening the peace of his timeline had claimed themselves to be Goku.

"You're saying this enemy threatening your future looks exactly like Kakarot and claims to be him too?!" Vegeta asked.

"Yeah but he wears dark clothes instead of Goku's orange ones. So we started calling him Goku Black."

"That makes him sound really cool!" Goku exclaimed. "So he's cooler than me!"

Bulma and I joined their conversation. "Please, Goku Black? You couldn't be more creative?" Bulma asked.

"Uh, yeah I guess, but you're the one who came up with it mom." This made Bulma embarrassed.

"Anyways, this Black. I can never forget the day he showed up" Trunks started. "He looked down at all of us and said he was going to exterminate the human race. He said he was doing it in the name of justice" he continued. He went on to further explain and even told us how the Bulma of his timeline was tracked down and killed by Black.

"So the me in your future is dead?" Bulma asked and I looked over at her.

Trunks nodded his head. "Hmph, so that's it, you tucked your tail and ran to this timeline like a frighten child?" Vegeta asked rather coldly. Goku told Vegeta he shouldn't say that. Vegeta then went on about how Trunks has royal Saiyan blood in him.

"He's not running away" Bulma put the journal she had in Vegeta's face. "He's here for reinforcements." She turned to look at Trunks. Bulma explained to us how she found out about the plan to take down Black, run maintenance on the time machine, and make any repairs to it. She found this all out by reading over some of the notes that were in the journal.

"Hmph, so that means she wants me to go and beat Kakarot myself" Vegeta smirked.

"Come on Vegeta it's not me. Must be someone that looks like me" Goku said.

"Now I understand what mom meant. She meant to have faith in you and that you can figure this out and get us back there to fight" older Trunks commented.

"Yeah don't worry Trunks, we got this. We'll go with you to the future" Goku reassured older Trunks.

"Sure but the job of defeating Kakarot will be mine, are we clear?" Vegeta added.

Goku looked over at Vegeta. "Dude it's not me."

"Alright! Lets do this thing!" Bulma started. "It's time to go back to the future and avenge me!"

"I wonder what happened to the me of that time" I thought as I ate another one of the sausages Bulma gave me.