Chapter 10: Where it All Started

Start from the beginning

"No. She is a castle court lady in training." I gave a reassuring nod at Hak's reply, internally thanking him that he was able to come up with an excuse on the spot.

"No way!"

"What's your name?"

"Where did you come from?"

When I saw Yona suddenly lost her balance, I took the chance to catch her before she fell on the ground. A worried expression was evident on my face, making me blame myself for not noticing Yona's weak state, she was avoiding to eat anything from before so that should've been enough of a sign. Hak walked towards my side, not even asking me if it was alright if he could carry her. But I didn't complain, he is stronger than me at the moment so I had no right to argue with him.

"Prepare a bed and a meal immediately." I seriously said as I directed the order to Han Dae.

"Y-Yes Maam!"

Hak already placed Yona-hime in a guest room that Han Dae was able to provide for us, which I already thanked him for. Me, Hak, Han Dae, and Tae-woo were in front of the unconscious Princess's room, discussing about important matters concerning the Wind Tribe.

"—So the reason why Gramps isn't here at this time is because he was summoned for an emergency 5 Tribe meeting, am I correct?" I asked the two Fuuga gatekeepers in front of me, giving me a nod in reply.

I glanced at Hak, giving him an expression that this was all too suspicious. Gramps was called into a meeting, just a few days after the night we fled, which was a huge scandal to the view of other people.

"Did Gramps... Elder Mun-deok said anything about what the meeting is about?" Hak questioned, trying to see if our hunch was correct.

"Elder Mun-deok didn't told us anything about what they were going to discuss about. If you ask me, it looked like even he didn't know what the emergency was." Han Dae pointed out with a sigh, looking like he was already tired from just talking.

"If you don't mind me asking (Y/N), what's the court lady's name? It's a bit suspicious that you both worry and care for her so much, like she's something more than a court lady..." Tae-woo raised an eyebrow with an expression that told us he was suspicious about our actions, while Han Dae was trying not to fall asleep.

Me and Hak both took a split second glance at each other, mentally telling the other to keep Yona's identity a secret. I turned my gaze back at Tae-woo, clearing my throat before I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Her name is... Lena. She's been a friend of mine since I started visiting the Castle when I was younger, making me obliged to introduce my best friend to Hak. The three of us had a promise to take care of each other in the Castle, which is the reason for our obvious concern for her earlier." I gave a happy face, trying to look like I wasn't giving an excuse.

It hurt me a bit that I was lying to them, people that were brothers to me. But I kept convincing myself that I wasn't lying, that all of it were true, except for Hak being the one introduced to her, Yona being a court lady, and that she is a person named 'Lena'. Tae-woo didn't stopped giving me weary looks, making me give him a nervous smile at his long stare. He opened his mouth to speak but was soon stopped when a younger voice was heard.