Chapter 8: Trust that Turned to Dust...

~•~In Hiryuu Castle - Yona's Birthday~•~(Y/N)'s POVFive days later

(Y/N)'s POV
Five days later... The Celebration for Yona's 16th Birthday was here. All of King Il's friends arrived in Hiryuu Castle, they traveled from different parts of Kouka Kingdom just to get to Yona-hime's Birthday. I knew that King Il was so happy about this day, I even saw him crying to himself when we were organizing for Yona's Birthday yesterday. And I also know what problems that could happen in her Birthday, of how many casualties that may occur. What kind of bodyguard would I be if I let her go around to be with people that I don't know? What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't beside her in one of the most important years of her life?

"I'd be a lousy bodyguard and a crappy friend then." I mumbled to myself as I was in my room, wrapping the present for Yona that I was extending to do everyday since last week.

I didn't know what to do, okay? Yona's present was supposed to be a surprise so I didn't want her to see me wrapping a box while I was guarding her, she'd know immediately that it was for her. Who's Birthday was I invited today to make a present for anyway? Of course, it only took me an hour to buy a box for her gift, I was just struggling to wrap the present nicely since the ribbon I bought with it was so delicate that I had to wrap it again for the eight time already.

"Annnd there! A one clean and perfectly wrapped present for a worthy Princess." I said proudly as I held the medium sized box in my hands, making sure that it didn't have any imperfections in it.

I sighed in content as I gently placed the box down, adjusting the gold collored ribbon that I placed on the crimson painted wooden present. I smiled at my work as I pumped my fist in the air for the long time I was just sitting here and wrapping this present for Yona's Birthday.

"I hope she would like it." The smile on my face never left as I just stared at the box, wondering what her reaction to my gift would be.

"Do you know that you talk to yourself so much?"

I almost fell over my chair when I heard Hak speak. I clenched my heart as I took a deep breath before I placed my gaze on the male that had his arms crossed over his chest while he was leaning against the door.

"Geez Hak! You almost gave me a heart attack." I said as I glared at my childhood friend, but it looked like he wasn't affected by it.

"That's because you just leave your door unlocked for anyone to come in." Hak retorted as I stood up to calm myself down from what happened.

"Just tell me why you're here and not guarding the Princess." I huffed in annoyance while I was cleaning the mess that I made when I was wrapping Yona's Birthday present.

"Is it a problem if I visit my little partner?" Hak mocked as I sighed in annoyance.

He knows that I hate it when he calls me short or any nickname related to the word. Just because we're practically the same age, it doesn't mean that it isn't normal if my height is 5'4 while he's 6'2. Totally normal.