Chapter 7: Will you вɛℓιɛѵɛ/ᴛʀᴜsᴛ me?

Start from the beginning

Hak only gave a shrug as a reply, making me more dissapointed about his lack of giving me good enough reasons when I ask him about these things.

"Then let's just go to check on Yona to see if she's alright." I said as I waved my hand to dismiss my thoughts on the conversation before.

"Do I have to?"

"It's our job to." I said with another sigh at his stubbornness.

I dragged him outside to Yona-hime, which was a bit difficult because he was making it hard for me to pull him. When we got to Yona, we saw her hair was being ruffled by the one and only Soo-won.

Poor Yona-hime, she's being treated like a little sister to the one she loves. I frowned when he left her in front of us as she just stood there with her messy hair.

"I've spent my money to buy the most elegant clothing, finest makeup, and eye catching jewellery..." Yona-hime trailed off sadly, but was cut off by Hak on the nearby railing eating a steamed bun.

"What a waste of money." Hak said as he took another bite of his steamed bun.

"No one asked you!" Yona exclaimed as her earlier irritation for Hak came back.

I sighed in slight annoyance at Hak's teasing, we did just saw Yona a few minutes ago. Then when the moment they saw each other, their like an old married couple. I walked up to Yona and placed my hand on hers as I gave her a warm smile.

"I'm going to leave you to yourself for now, okay Princess?" I lightly squeezed her hand in reassurance as Yona nodded at me with a small smile on her face.

I let go of her hand and immediately grabbed Hak's and made him follow me to the direction where Soo-won went. While we were walking further away from Yona, I was starting to get a little bit giddy at what we'll do next. Apparently Hak noticed and spoke up at my change of mood.

"What's with the sudden determination?" Hak said as my eyes were sparkling and I was getting more giddy.

"Well, I'm going to invite Soo-won to archery practice with us. I want to see how much he improved." I said with sparkles in my eyes as Hak clicked his tongue at my answer.

"If you want to see his skills so badly, why not invite him with you alone?" Hak said irritatedly which made me confused by his attitude, but I still smiled when he asked me the question.

"Well, thats because I want to see your skills too! I know that both of you and Soo-won are great! I'm always happy when I see you practice." I said happily as Hak tsked at me.

"Whatever you say..."

"There he is!" I said as I pointed at Soo-won who was talking with the person that he once told me was his adviser, Kye-sook.

I was confused as to why he was talking to him so quietly, but I just shrugged it off and shouted Soo-won's name.

"Soo-won!" I said as I could see Soo-won move but kept talking to the man.

'It's either he heard me and pretended he didn't or he was too busy talking to Kye-sook that he didn't heard me.' But before I could even decide, Soo-won and his adviser finished their conversation. The man walked away from Soo-won to the direction that was opposite to where me and Hak were, Soo-won turned around with a smile and went to us.

"Hello Hak, (Y/N). It's so nice to see you." Soo-won said happily as Hak nodded while I responded differently.

I removed my hand that was holding Hak's wrist and bear hugged Soo-won, which my head was on his chest and my arms were wrapped around his stomach.