Chapter 6: New Love?!

Start from the beginning

"Yona gets lonely when you two aren't here."

"You bubbly little liar." Hak said while smiling to hide his growing annoyance.

'Bubbly?' The king thought as Mun-deok and (Y/N) were silently flabbergasted at what the young male said, but the Chief of the Wind Tribe cut the silence.

"How dare you speak like that to your king?!" Mun-deok said as he smacked Hak with a fan (Idk either-).

"Insolent fool! You are no longer my grandson!"

"We weren't related anyway!" Hak said irritatedly as he was on the floor.

"You must not be violent Mun-deok." King Il said concerned for Hak.

"I deeply apologize for my grandfather's treatment to him in front of you, and if Hak offended you in anyway." (Y/N) said as she was bowing her head at the King.

"Lift your head (Y/N), it's fine. I appreciate that Hak speaks his mind, and your kindness to others." King Il said as he offered a steamed bun to the female.

"Thank you." (Y/N) said with a smile as the King with his own and nodded in reply before also giving one to Hak.

"What would you think of staying here as Yona's guard?" King Il asked the male.

"Dealing with the nobility exhausts me. If I moved to the palace and become a general, I can't relax at home and relax when I want." Hak said seriously while smiling and making his anger not noticeable.

"Hak..." (Y/N) said as she frowned at the older male.

"You dislike weaponry, right your majesty? You should find those few people who can protect others without weapons." Hak said as he turned around and walked away but stopped when a certain question was asked.

"How about you (Y/N)?" King Il asked the (H/C) haired female.

"It would really be an honor accepting your request and protecting my beloved friend Yona, but... I won't accept this generous request if Hak isn't going too. We are working partners after all." (Y/N) said as she turned to happy and grateful to a serious expression and voice, making Hak return to walking away when he heard her answer.

"I deeply apologize my King, please excuse me." (Y/N) said as she followed the male while King Il was calling out to both of them.

(Y/N) continued to trying to catch up with Hak until she reached his back, she stopped when Hak halted his tracks and asked a question.

"Why did you refuse?" Hak said as he turned to face (Y/N).

"Just like what I said. We are partners, so if you aren't going then I will not." (Y/N) said happily while smiling at him.

"The real reason." Hak said seriously, not believing what she's saying.

(Y/N) sighed and turned her expression and voice into a soft one.

"I really did mean it when I said it's because of you. I also meant what I said about his request and Yona, but knowing that I'm going to live in the castle, protecting Yona by myself, and especially if you're not there with me—I can't accept the request." (Y/N) said as she then smiled brightly.