Because, Always & Forever

Start from the beginning

"This town has changed so much since I was a boy" Elijah spoke breaking the silence that took over the car. It was mid day and they were currently on their way to meet with Carol Lockwood to discuss the history of the town . Elijah was portraying an author that went by the name Elijah Smith and Ryland being 17 but already earned her GED and in currently in her second year of college, was acting as his assistant. The blonde went by her actual name Ryland Williams because everything she was doing was true minus being lijahs assistant.

"I would hope so that was like a gazillion years ago" causing Elijah to give her a glare, she held her hands up in mock surrender "I'm just kidding old man, but tell me about it" a smirk marrying her face. He ignored the insult and began to talking about his childhood as they walked to the only restaurant in town The Mystic grill

He pointed to the town square "Over there use to be a whole village, Niklaus and I had a sword fight Rebekah, Kol, Finn and even Henrik all gathered to watch us, my brother some how got the upper hand and cut my belt." he said with a soft smile remembering a time when he felt peace with his family. "however Mikael heard the laughing, and struck Niklaus 'saying fighting is for survival not fun'" he continued to solemnly. It was often the noble man blamed himself for his brothers actions.

"Eli it wasn't your fault Mikael was a horrendous excuse of a father, you did everything you could to protect your family you still do" Ryan spoke as she took his arm rubbing it softy in comfort. Elijah only offered her a slight smile as they walked in to the grill. Noticing both Elenas aunt Jenna Summers and the mayor of the town Carol Lockwood sitting in a booth.

Rylan and Elijah approached the duo " Good afternoon, I'm Elijah Smith and this is my assistant Ryland Williams." Ryland was struggling not to laugh as both women gawked at her best friend, she did agree Elijah was extremely handsome looking but were purely platonic. Mrs. Lockwood knocking out of her trance first smiled at Elijah "Hello Carol Lockwood" she spoke while sticking her hand out. Elijah took it but instead of shaking it he flipped it and laid a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"Pleasure Mrs. Lockwood" Ryland was biting her lip to prevent from laughing at the women before her who were obviously falling for the originals charm. Mrs. Lockwood gestured for them to sit down and finally moved her gaze to the seventeen year old.

"Aren't you a little young to be a research assistant" Carol asked the young woman.

Ryan politely smiled " I'm seventeen and currently in my second year of college, pursuing my bachelors in History, I assure you I'm qualified Mrs. Lockwood." Carol nodded.

"What brings you to Mystic Falls?" Jenna asked

"Im wighting a book about Virginia's History" Elijah answered. Ryan wanted to laugh because in truth they were looking for a site where a bunch of witches were massacred.

"Have you been too Whitmore?" the mayor asked.

"Elijahs focusing more on smaller towns" Ryland respond. Earning a nod in agreement form Elijah

"Well I have records at my house if you would like them, today is good after lunch?" Jenna said. Elijah and Ryland both inwardly smirked as this is what they wanted in the first place

"That would be perfect Ms. Summers" Elijah smiled

2

Elijah and Ryland said good bye to Mrs. Lockwood before following Jenna to the Gilbert residence. It was later in the day now Ryland was exhausted as she didn't sleep on the car ride here. Jenna invited both Ryland and Elijah in, not knowing one was an original vampire.