Old Acquaintances

Old Acquaintances
***Chapter One***

Ryland could hardly contain herself, she constantly fiddled with the radio in Elijah sleek black car much to his annoyance. "lijah please tell why we are at  this abhorrent idea of a house"  she  complained for the seventeenth time since they've got in car. However  Elijah didn't mind her constant complaining, she was very free spirited and it brought him light, a light that remind him of his mischievous younger brother Kol.

"You know why darling, one of my contacts reached out to me, an old Acqaintance wants to negotiate their freedom" Ryland huffed crossing her arms over her chest after Elijah slapped her hands away from the radio.

"You could have at  least let me bring Bean" she said missing her little orange ball of fluff. Elijah hated that vile creature but at last gave in as soon as he saw her pouting.

"I don't want that creature in my car" Elijah would do a lot for the petite blonde girl in his front seat but ruining his 4.8 million dollar car wasn't one of them, it was bad enough he had orange fur all over his otherwise pristine suit.  They continued there constant bickering back and forth until they arrive at the address his contact gave him.

They parked a good distance away from the obscene house, Elijah of course told her to stay in the car but when had the young girl ever listened. "stay in the car Ryland" Elijah practically begged.

"lijah you either take me with you which would be a lot easier for the both of us, or you can vamp sped away and I'll follow a close second behind" Elijah didn't respond he knew she wasn't bluffing so he took her by  the arm and Vamp sped to the front of the house.

The door creaked open almost as if they were in a horror movie, standing far away from the light that appeared when the door was opened was a vampire that Ryland has never seen before. "Rose-Marie, is there somewhere we can talk" Elijah steady voice filled the air.

The younger of the two vampire in the room gestured to the left side of the house reveling a small study  "yes in here, you have to excuse the house."

Elijah stayed in the door way next to Ryland grabbing her forearm singling her to stay beside him " oh, no. what's a  little  dirt? Ryland and I completely understand " Elijah spoke in a patronizing matter that went unnoticed to everyone but Ryland, as he walked to the study that Rose pointed too.

"So tell me what gives you the courage to call me?" Rose was practically shaking.

"I wanted my freedom. I'm tried of running. you in a position to grant me that?" Ryland almost felt bad for the vampire but then remembered any one that crossed Elijah ends up dead. Elijah was fiddling with a trinket he found on a desk looking more and more threatening to Rose by the seconded.

"I have complete authority to grant you pardon to you and your little pet what is his name these days? Trevor. If I so see fit."  Elijah was usually a calm man but he hated betrayal almost more than his brother Niklaus.

"Katerina Petrova?" Rose spoke up causing the suited man to turn around slowly "I'm listening" Elijah said prompting her to continue.

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864. She survived." As Rose spoke, Ryland fiddled with her fingers wondering why she didn't stay in the car. It was apparent that she wasn't need in this conversation.

"Where is she" Elijah spoke glancing at Ryland who was obviously bored.

"You don't seem surprised by this" Rose said as she step closer.

"Well when you called me to this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours away from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katherina. Do you have her in your possession." Elijah asked. The young blonde could tell her best friend was excited to have the vampire doppelgänger in his possession.

"No. I have better. I have her doppelgänger " the vampire snuggly replied once again inching closer to the duo.

"That's impossible her family line end with her. I know that for a fact." He stated

"You're facts are wrong" Ryland could practically sense the irritation on the original vampire.

"Well, show her to me" Elijah said getting off the chair. Looking at Ryland "you stay here" it wasn't a question it was a demand. The blonde nodded in agreement knowing he was already annoyed by the situation.

"Elijah, you're a man of honor. You're to be trusted, but I want to here you say again." Rose was in a dangerous proximity to them. But Elijah said nothing of it.

"You have my word that I will pardon you." The devilish smirk on the originals face was all Ryland need to see before she came to the conclusion that someone was dying today.

Sparing one last glance to Ryland Elijah left with out another word. The blonde felt irritated there was no reason for her to come on this journey but yet she would never leave her friend alone.

While Elijah was gone making a deal she her two voices, both were male. She felt worried for Elijah safety. Yes he was an original but that doesn't mean she wants to see him in pain.

"Who else is in this house Rose" she heard Elijah demand.

"I don't know" Rose said in a slight panicked voice. Causing Ryland to worry, but she didn't dare move as she knew Elijah would have her head. So she stayed behind a wall we're she could see all the commotion.

In a second both Rose-Maire and the Katherina look alike vanished from Elijah view. "I want the girl on the count of three or heads will role" Elijah said Breaking a coat rack. He slowly began to count.

"I'll come with you, just please don't hurt my friends they were just trying to help me" a girls voice spoke. Ryland didn't recognize it and assumed it to be the doppelgänger.

"What game are you playing with me" Elijah screamed in pain as a grande was launched in his face. She could tell by the way it burned his skin it was vervain. Ryland was about to react when Elijah mouthed "NO" to her. She instantly backed down and watch the younger two vampires stake the original.

She waited until everyone left before removing the coatrack from Elijah's chest. She not so delicately laid him on the ground before she cut her wrist forcing blood down his throat in hopes of speed up this process.

Elijah took a huge gasp of air before biting down on the young girls wrist. He himself was shocked by his actions. "Ryland" his horse voice spoke .

"I'm fine lijah you didn't hurt me" she promised. He looked at her worry still embedded in his features.

"But I could have, don't do it again" she knew Elijah probably better than he knew himself. He wore a suit everyday to hide what everyone claimed he was a monster. However she could never think that, the man whose head still rested upon her lap meant everything to her. But at last she sighed knowing she wouldn't win this battle.

Elijah slowly got up her blood doing more than enough to awaken him especially because of the magic that coursed through her veins. "Where going to mystic falls" he spoke walking towards the exits.

"Why?" Hurried to catch up.

"The doppelgänger Niklaus will come after her" he sated.

"But what about Bean?" She said with a pout. Elijah the man who along side his brother killed thousands of men couldn't say no to this girl especially with that pouty face.

"I'll have Mr. Martin bring him" he sighed out. But the squeal for excitement he got from the girl was enough for him to look pass that he'd be in an apartment with that vile creature named bean.

Episode 8 Season 2 , Titled: Rose

1350 word. Enjoy :)