a Weird Trial

You sat on a stump vibing with Kate. She was playing her guitar, experimenting with random chords.

It turned out that everyone had an item they were attached to from the real world, for example Kate and her guitar. Ace had a stack of cards in his jacket which he played a lot of games with, Nea had a lockpick in her back pocket, Adam always carried an educational book around, Zarina with her camera and Bill had a garden gnome placed into the ground.

The others however, preferred to keep their belongings for themselves.

"Your dog.. How old is he?" Jake asked while petting Ezio.

You shrugged, "He's about 2 years old, I got him when he was still a puppy." You smiled.

"I also have a dog, he's a stray I picked up from the street. I hope he's still ok, my neighbors are babysitting him right now." Jeff mentioned. "I had a cockatoo as well, she's called Rocky. She was a metalhead just like me." Jeff laughed.

Ash perked up in his seat, "Oh yeah, I have a bearded dragon. His name's Eli. There's one time I was so high, he could talk." Ash snickered.

"Ooh I had a black cat called Meja when I was younger. She scratched me every time I looked at her." Nea joked.

Jake shrugged, "I guess these crows are like my pets. They seem to like me a lot."

Meg raised her eyebrows, "Really? They always creep me out. They keep stalking me until I look at them."

Dwight nodded, "Yeah! Everytime I go into a locker they keep alerting the killer. I have no choice but to get out!"

"Well, I'm glad they kicked you out of those lockers, you gotta help repairing these generators at some point." David teased.

Jane rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Like you ever do generators. All you do is getting chased by the killer and saving people from the hook without thinking."

"Hey, at least I gave you guys plenty of time to do the objective." David defended himself.

A little argument broke out between the survivors. You awkwardly sat there with Zarina and Kate. "Don't you worry now loves, this happens a lot." Kate chirped.

"Anyone wanna play uno with real cards?" Ace suggested.

"Sure I'm in." You shrugged.

"Me too!" Zarina smiled.

"Alright, I'll join as well." Nancy said.

Bill groaned, "Hell no, there's no way you can beat Ace."

"What can I say? I'm a lucky guy." Ace smirked while shuffling the cards.

"Anyways, allow me to explain it to you guys. Players take turns matching a card in their hand with the current card shown on top of the deck either by colour or number. Special action cards deliver game-changing moments as they help you defeat your opponents."

"Ok so you can skip someone's turn with a jack, the ultimate uno reverse card is 10, you can make someone pick up 2 cards with a queen, you can change the colour with a king and last but not least, you can make someone pick up 4 cards with Ace." He explained while handing everyone 7 cards.

The match was interesting. Zarina started off with 6 hearts on top, followed by Nancy. After Nancy came Ace and then you.

You were in a danger zone though. Ace could easily destroy you with his so called luck. You only had one special card in your deck, a queen to be exact. You decided to save it for a special moment.

The game started to get more exciting when most people had 3 to 6 cards left. You were winning with 2 cards in your hands. You finally placed your queen on the pile of cards, "Uno!"