He fixed his hair and went downstairs to meet Gaz sitting on the couch. "Didn't you hear me say we don't hsve school?" She said raising an eyebrow seeing Dib dressed about to leave. "I'm gonna go see Zim." He said and then left through the door closing it on his way out.

On his way to Zim's house he let his mind drift as he blew into his hands and stuck them into his pockets, It was getting colder, his jacket had always kept him warm but his hands were always defenseless.

'I hope Zim is okay. He took quite a beating from John and his stupid friends.' Dib then realized what he had just thought and his face got a bit red. 'Well, I hope he's okay because I can't turn in a damaged alien, I need him in prime condition! Otherwise tests might not go right, or something.' Dib thought, giving himself a reason as to why he would ever wish safety upon Zim.

Dib sighed as he came upon Zim's property, 'I should be angry at Zim for killing 5 children! I shoild turn him in to the police and have his secret exposed!' Dib thought as he hesitantly took a step onto the property. No lasers shot at him. He sifhed in relief as he walked up to the door and stepped in. Sure it's a bit weird to not knock but Zim must've lnew he was on his property if he disabled the guard gnomes for him.

"Greetings Stink-Beast." Zim said frim the couch, now turned on his side and facing him as he walked into the house and closed the door.

"Hey, Zim!" Dib said happily seeing Zim awake and responding. 'He said hi to me first this time! That's some Improvement right there!' Dib thought as he walked over to the couch and sat down on the floor next to Where Zim's head was.

"Shouldn't you be at school, human.?" Zim asked as he cautiously followed the humans movements. Zim didn't trust him well. Sure they had a truce, but that didn't mean Dib couldn't break it and try to attack him while he's weak.

"School is closed since they found John and his trash friends." Dib answered, "How are you feeling?" Zim rolled onto his back to stare at the ceiling, "Sore, but it's bearable."

"That's good." Dib said sliding his backpack off his shoulders and rested it against the end on the couch on the floor. 'I'll just say about how he killed them when I really turn him in.' He thought as he saw Zim, he didn't know why but being near the alien made him feel all warm and happy inside.

"But Zim cannot stand and walk around until my recoverys have progressed more. At least shifting and turning aren't prohibited." Zim said in a disappointed tone.

There was a moment of silence between the two as Dib thought of what to do, he didn't want to leave the Irken alone all day laying on the couch in silence.

"Hey Zim?" Dib said catching Zim's attention, "Would you want to read the books we got together?" Dib asked as he turned his head a bit. A large smile grew on Zim's face at those words as he said happily, "Yes! Zim would like to."

Dib pulled his book out of his backpack as he spotted Zim get his out of his pak he asked, "How can you fit so much stuff in there?" "Its a secret." He said as he rolled onto his stomach.

They read throughout the morning comenting on things that happened in the story, "Holy Irk! He's lucky he fell off that motorcycle or he'd be dead if he was dragged under it. Wait, what aboit the Megan-Human! They didn't say if she got off or not!" Zim said with his nose deep in his book.
_

______________________________________

Lunch came around they decided to look for something to watch on the TV. They scrolled through shows until they found something called Go Bronze. It's where they get 4 people who don't know how to bake and put them through 3 rounds where they have to remake a baked item the best they can. The final round is always a cake.