Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke up, and I started getting ready for breakfast not wanting to wake up Jack. As I was brushing my messy hair when Jack wakes up. "Hey Carson, I need to talk to you for a little bit. Is that okay?"

"Yeah totally. What's up?"

He hesitates before speaking "...I'm scared... I mean what if.... What if my dad comes back? He already hurt you really badly. Like, look at you-"

"Hey. It's okay. I'm fine. He bruised my arm and sprained my ankle. That's it. Nothing too bad. The bruises should go away within a week. My ankle should be back to normal within a week too. I'm fine. Your dad isn't going to be back at all. I know you're scared I am too. It'll all be okay though."

"Yeah I guess you're right. Are you going to go get breakfast?"

"Yeah. Wanna come with me?" Neither of us really spoke about yesterday and our... kiss. I think we both might have thought it was a little awkward to talk about it considering the issues that were going on at the time of it.

"Yes please." Jack gets out of bed and gets dressed and walks downstairs with me. As I'm walking I am limping a little bit but I don't really care much since walking it out and moving it helps heal it.

"Are you doing okay? Do you need a break?" Jack asks, obviously worried about my ankle.

I roll my eyes and smile. "No Jack. I'm fine. It's just a sprained ankle. It'll be fine in no time."

"Okay just let me know if you need a break."

"Don't worry I will. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Lily walks up to me and asks if she can speak with me for a little bit. "Yeah, that's fine. Jack, are you going to be okay for a few minutes?" I respond

"Yeah." I walk off with Lily into her office.

"So Carson, I remember you saying that you are a trans male, correct?" Lily says as I sit down.

"Yup." I say smiling. I'm proud of who I am. No one can change who I am. "That's me"

"Well, I did notice that you don't have a binder and I know that must be kinda hard for you with dysphoria and all. So..." Lily pauses for a minute and pulls out a school binder. "I got you a binder!" Lily has the biggest smile on her face trying to hold back a laugh.

"Thanks..." I open the school binder trying to hide my disappointment. Then I realize there's an actual binder in there. I squeal with excitement and Lily bursts out laughing. "That is some way of pulling this off Lily. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome squirt. Now get on out of here." I get up and go to my room and I put on my binder. It feels so good to have a flat chest. I go back to Jack and we finish our breakfast.

.....

Months pass and me and Jack end up telling each other that we liked each other and we eventually started dating. We've been happy and my mom came by to visit. With my permission of course. It was actually kinda nice to see my mom again. She was the same. Still homophobic and still disappointed in me for being who I am. But, she still showed up. She talked about my dad and how he wanted to see me again. I said that I'll think about it. I didn't really want to see him again, especially after everything that he's done to me. But, I'll still think about it.

"What's up, babe," Jack says to me as I walk up to him going over to dinner. I kissed him on the cheek and took a seat next to him.

"Nothing much. Just relaxing with you."