Chapter 19

Reese POV

It's been a little over a month since I been shot and your boy been fucked up. I haven't contacted none of the homies. I honestly didn't want to see them right now. It wasn't because I didn't want them to see me like this I was wanted to be low key right now. Niggas tried to dead me in front of my momma house, in front of Bird so I think its best I go i to hiding at least until I'm back in my feet.

I know the hood know I ain't dead though. My momma ain't have no funeral and want it comes to death that words travels fast in the streets. So them niggas from the other side know they didn't succeed and the tried again but this time I wont be caught slipping.

Sitting on the edge on the hospital bed my momma helped my pull my shirt over my head since I was still hard for me to lift my arms up over my head while Mel helped tie my shoes. I hated that I couldn't do basic shit for myself right now but the women in my life are determine to take care of me so I jus let them have it there way for now. Bird went to go get Dr. Hall so she could officially discharge me and a nigga couldn't wait. I missed my crib. I missed my bed and I definitely missed taking a decent shower. The hair on my hair and face had grown out and my skin looked pale. I knew my appearance was fucked up no matter how much Bird or my momma tried to tell me otherwise. My holes in my back have healed for the most part but the pain is still there. It's still hard to lay flat in my back and from the times I have gotten the chance to look my flesh back there looking like dog meat.

A sudden slap to the back almost paralyzed me. The air left my lungs as my eyes grew wide.

"Layah no !" I heard Mel yell. "I'm so sorry Reese she starting to get in the aggressive stage."

Looming over at my niece who was sitting beside me with a wet tooth grin I could help but smile back. She looked just like her pops.

"She good Mel. Let me see her." I didn't have the strength to pick her up on my own so Mel picked her up placing her in my lap while I wrapped my arms around her the best I could. "Hey pretty girl. Why you trynna yo Uncle Reese huh." I bounce my knees up and down cause her to bounce to while laughing. "I love you pretty girl. I love you so much." My voice was low just above a whisper as I kissed her forehead.

I wonder what it would be like to have my own daughter that looked just like me or a son that shared that shared that same green eyes as his mother.

My eyes widened at my own thought in my head. Kids with Bird that something that never even crossed my mind until just now in this moment. I don't even know where we stand anymore. I know she's been here every step and I'm grateful for that but we have yet to have a conversation about us. If there is an us.

Hearing the door to my room, I've been held hostage in for over a month, open at the same time Layah put her slobbery hand all over my mouth I looked up to see Bird and Dr. Hall following close behind. I didn't miss the girl who I found out was Robyn sister and her husband entering shortly after. I've seen them a couple times over the past week but Mel told me they've been here since I woke up out the coma it's just that Bird would let them come see me until I looked a little better. But being honest I knew she didn't want them here at all. My eyes were trained on Dontae the husband. I couldn't put my finger on it but I ain't like the vibe I was getting from him. I hate a motherfucker that's too quiet and something about the way he looks at Bird when he thought nobody was looking and the way her body tensed every time she caught his stare. Like now his eyes were trained on her but he must have felt my gaze because he quickly looked over at me then away.

Looking over at Mel to see if she caught that same thing I did I quickly tolled my eyes because she was too busy packing my bad than paying attention. My momma caught it doe I could tell by the way her eyes stared into mine once I looked over my shoulder at her.