Chapter 1:

Omniscient POV

"You can't have my body while breaking my heart." Sadness was laced all throughout her voice.

"Come on Bird you know dat ain't me. I'm not trying to hurt—"

"Then what do you want from me." She cut him off.

"Peace." His answer was simple but it left too many unanswered questions in her head. But before she could ask he continued. "That's all I've wanted anyone...from life is peace ever since I have to talk to my pops in chains. You give me that however little it may be, you are that. I find calmness and security in your presences. I spend all my free time with you because where ever you are is where I want to be. Dis ain't about sex Bird. Not to sound fucked up but I can get that anywhere."

It was true. He could have any girl he wanted that's why Robyn couldn't understand why he was here with her.

"I'm here, I'm right here with you because this is where I feel like I need to be. But right now you're trying to take something I just can't give you. Not because I don't want me but because I don't have it to give." Maurice releases a sign as he sat down on the couch across from her. His hands grabbed across his face before he placed his sights because upon her frame. "You want reassurance that you'll have me until you grow old. That you will never experience the pain that Mel will feel for the rest of her life and I can't give you that. The only I have is today because I don't know if imma be here tomorrow. That's why I hold you close and kiss you when we're alone not because I wanna stay in between your thighs but because i want that moment to last. I want it burned into my mind so when it's my time to go you're the last thing I see....You have me Robyn I'm right here why do you keep pushing me away."

"Because you just being here isn't enough." Her words hit him like a bullet wound to the chest. "Maybe it is for them other girls but not for me. I don't just want your physical presence. I want you emotionally and spiritually. I want you in every possible way. I want your heart Maurice but you aren't willing to give me that not now and I don't think you ever will be."

Robyn's eyes filled with tears when he didn't immediately abject to her claim. Her heart was breaking and the only person who could heal it was the cause.

"It's okay Maurice I don't blame you and I'm not angry but I am hurt. Hurt because I know that once this is over. Once you've done everything that's needs to be done in the end you'll be alone because in the process of trying to make everything right you pushed away everybody whose ever cared."

"So that's it you...you just going to leave. Leave like everybody else !" Now he was the one with pain in his throat.

His rage and anger had surfaced in the blink of an eye that it shocked her completely. His nose had flared open as the tips of his ears turned bright red.

"I didn't leave Maurice you pushes me away."

"No ! NO I sitting here watching you slip through my fingers. It's your choice to leave. I'm trying to keep you here with me."

"With you what your dick." She said the first thing that came to her mind.

"My life !" There he was hitting her with so line straight out of a romantic novel and they worked every time. "I'm doing everything I can to make sure I come home to you at night, to make sure you wake up to me in that bed with you. You're leaving because you can't handle everything that came with me no matter how many times you tried to convince yourself. You say you love me but you don't love me enough to stay....to wait."