All we can do is keep breathing

Title: All we can do is keep breathing

Author: thealmightyavocado

Description: "Harry, I-I'm so sorry..." Louis stutters out, trying to keep his voice level and even, to portray a depiction of strength, but with the way Harry is looking at him, staring at him like he has a personal passage way straight to Louis' soul, it's so hard, nearly impossible.

That simple opening phrase, that short introductory acknowledgement that is often rushed out so easily, painlessly, at a safe distance. Giving a doctor the ability to portray empathy without true emotion, without feeling the full brunt and sheer force of the underlying pain itself.

But Louis feels it, he feels the crushing agony laced behind the phrase, he feels the weight of the painful words slipping from his lips, the cause and effect that the three-word expression holds. The distantly empty "I'm so sorry" that doctors throw out in self-preservation, isn't at all empty for him. Louis recognizes it, he understands it, he feels it.

✚☤✚

a fated story of two broken and battered boys who barely survived the unimaginable and how the love of one little brave girl defies all the odds and somehow puts them back together.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14143905/chapters/32596458