Seeing Beyond Life [chapter 1]

Start from the beginning

We crept along the carpeted hallway, but there were no pictures. I glanced up at the ceiling, a pretty mosaic of paintings and designs. Then there was a doorway. The moaning wasn’t coming from that room though.

“There are lots of doors, huh” Madi said nervously, trying to lighten the mood.

I just nodded in reply, distracted by my own fear but somehow I kept walking.

“I’m not scared… I’m not scared…there’s nothing that can hurt me… I’m not scared.” I chanted in my head.

Suddenly the moaning got even louder, loud enough to be inside my head. Another doorway appeared on the left, and I was sure this was it.

“I think I’ve found them” I whispered to Madison.

The wood doorframe had dried blood droplets and the door itself was dented and broken in some bits, showing several signs of trouble.

Madison pointed at the blood and swallowed, I could practically hear her heart thudding.

I nodded, signalling for her to step inside. She shook her head, signalling for me to go through. My heart started going into a spasm, I felt like maybe my whole body was actually thudding along with my heart beat.

I took a wobbly step, hearing the moaning from just about every single direction. As I stepped into the room the moaning stopped. I looked around and saw that the room was about as big as a carport, with a low roof and concrete walls.

Go back!”

“Turn around!”

“Stop!” voices cried, screaming over each other and telling me to go. I ignored them.

“We… we’re here to help you. Don’t be afraid.” I spluttered, feeling Madison step up next to me.

I stepped further into the middle, hearing the voices slowly stop to listen to me.

“We’ve come to help. Don’t be afraid.” I repeated, turning around to face Madison.

“It’s OK. We can hear you. We are here to help you.” Madison added, the heavy silence was making me feel sick.

“He’s coming!”

“Run now!”

“I’d hurry before he gets you”

“It’s too late now.” The voices called out, making me creep against the wall. Madison stood next to me her eyes wide.    

My heart thudded as I heard the footsteps creep up the stairs. The gentle thud, thud, thud drummed around my head, making me dizzy. I pushed my back further and further against the concrete wall, wishing I could just disappear. I looked down, noticing that the white carpet was smeared with dried blood.

Madison seemed to notice at about the time I did… we were about to be killed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My name is Charlotte Grace Bailey. I have golden blonde hair which falls to the bottom of my rib-cage in a gentle wave. My eyes are a misty hazel colour and my skin is lightly pale, from spending so much time at skating rinks. My favourite thing to do is ice skate. There is nothing i love more than the spotlights shining down on me, and the ice glisteneing against my figure-skating skates!

My best friend’s name is Madison Kaylee Grieger. We’re both 15 years old.

Madison has bright electric blue eyes with curly, jet black hair that falls just above her chest. She has a porcelain doll type figure, with soft, white skin, she is petite and skinny. She is a great ballerina, always training for shows and competitions. She is the complete opposite to me, but we became such good friends because we both have our 'things', mine being Figure Skating and hers being Ballet! Luckily, that despite both of our busy schedules we always find time for each other.