Seeing Beyond Life [chapter 1]

Hi everyone! This is a story written by my friend and I that we would love for you guys to read! We each write a chapter, with me writing the Charlotte ones and her writing the Madison ones! Tell us what you think and any ideas for improvement, etc!

Comment Please! (:

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Charlotte 

Madison and I walked into the haunted house at exactly midnight. The front door, made of a dark and heavy wood, creaked open as we walked closer.  I gulped, this was the scariest thing we had ever done. Madison held the door open for me, her bright blue eyes catching the light of a nearby street lamp. The house creaked and it felt like the walls had eyes, watching us creep towards what looked to be stairs.

“Do you hear that?” I asked Madison, closing my eyes to listen again, hearing the voices fill my ears.

“Yeah… I hear it… it sounds like its coming from upstairs… maybe the story is true…” Madison replied, looking around nervously.

The story goes that in this house, a 34 year old man was killed violently about 15 years ago and that if anyone entered the room in which he was killed, they will be murdered violently by his Ghost, and their spirits won’t ever be able to leave that room. Nobody has ever actually witnessed a murder but some say they can still hear the groaning of the ghosts late at night.

As we slowly and silently walked towards the stair case the pitch black seemed to move with us, giving us a warning, I’m not sure what kind of warning but it was scary. The only light was the moon, which shone in from a window behind us, making our shadows look larger than realistically possible and definitely menacing.

Madison started towards the stairs, so I followed her, I could hear a groaning noise, coming from up the stairs. It had to be the ghosts.

With each step the moaning grew louder, so loud that it seemed to be everywhere. The staircase was about 27 steps long. My legs started getting sore, because I was shaking uncontrollably as a result of nerves. My breath shortened and I felt like running and screaming.

 As we reached the top Madison seemed hesitant, she stood on the very last step, her perfectly pointed ballet foot hovering over the brown oak floorboards. 

“I’m scared.” She whispered her eyes wide and her lip quivering slightly.

“Me too.” I whispered back, biting my own lip. “But we can do this; I mean what’s the worse that could happen?” I attempted to pull a reassuring smile but Madi’s slight frown showed that I had not succeeded in this.

Madison seemed calmer now, putting her foot down gently, the floor creaking under her weight. The groaning noise didn’t stop and now I could make out definite voices. There was way more than 1 ghost in there.

Madison waited for me to step up the last step, but I was frozen. What if we get killed? What about Xavier and Liam?

Madison must have sensed my nerves.

“Are you OK?” Madison whispered, her hair fluttering slightly.

“I’m seriously scared. We’ve never done something as scary as this before.” I whispered, my stomach felt like it was holding the world wide gymnastic flip contest and I’m glad I didn’t eat much.

“You can do it. It’s going to be alright. We’ll get through it together.” Madison smiled, and held out her hand. I grabbed it, feeling the warmth tingle down my fingers.