Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom

Start from the beginning

      I looked up and my eyes met his. Our faces are close to each other. I could feel my cheeks burning. I must be blushing! I quickly turned away and just looked at the city below while still holding tightly onto Mammon.

     "What was that all about Mammon?" I turned and saw Lucifer staring angrily at Mammon.

     "I am just giving her a-" Mammon started.

     "A good scare, Mammon," Solomon interrupted. He is flying on his own and he does it without wings! "Just look at her. You really scared her. Come on, Merielle. Don't be afraid to tell him"

     "Yeah. He did give me quite a scare," I said.

     "But that's okay," I said calmly. I don't want a fight to start. Especially not mid-air. "I am okay as long as this is a smooth flight and I won't fall a thousand feet above the ground."

     "Yeah. Like something like that is going to- H-HEY! WOAH!" Mammon said. He was talking all confidently until someone from above us shot some kind of an energy ball.

     "Grr..." Lucifer said and he looked above us and so does everyone else.

     There above us is a figure in a black, hooded cloak. The cloak is too long and it covers his or her whole body, even the person's face! Whoever this is is flying using a broom.

     "How dare that witch to attack us!" Lucifer said angrily as he flew above to try to catch the witch. I noticed that he is lighting up in black flames. "Solomon! Mammon! Get Merielle to safety!"

     "You don't have to tell us that," Mammon answered Lucifer and looked at me. "Ya better hold on tight."

     "Go ahead, Mammon. I'll watch your back," Solomon said and went behind us.

     I gripped tighter on to Mammon as he flew faster. Lightning struck in the dark clouds above us and I honestly am getting scared.

     "What about Lucifer?" I asked, concerned.

     "That guy is not the firstborn for nothing. He'll survive. You'll see. Right now, we have to get to the magic seal," Mammon said.

     "Wait! Mammon! Don't tell me we are taking her to-" Solomon said which Mammon interrupted.

     "Lucifer said to take her to somewhere safe, right? What better than- G'AAHH!" Mammon almost got hit by another energy orb. He flew left and it missed him.

     I saw Lucifer flying down towards us. He flew in front of me and Mammon.

     "I can't believe I am saying this, but Mammon might be right," Lucifer said. "No one here in the human world can protect Merielle from that witch."

     "But Lucifer, don't you think there'll be more of that witch's allies down in Devildom?" Solomon asked.

     "Maybe, but we have to take the risk," Lucifer said. He really sounds frustrated. "At least there will be some demons who will protect her there."

     "A demon protecting a human? So guardian demons exist now?" Mammon asked teasingly.

     "Feel free to not guard Merielle when she is in Devildom, Mammon. After all, you might be too stupid for it," Lucifer said angrily.

     "Hey! I'll protect her better than anyone! I was the one you instructed to be her guardian the first year she came to Devildom. I can do it again!" Mammon defended.

     I heard Solomon sigh somewhere at the back.

     We landed at a dark alley. Lucifer did something and not long enough, a light came out of nowhere and suddenly, we are not in my country anymore. We are in a street filled with shops and demons and other creatures walking around and seems to be having a normal time.

     "Solomon, you better get back. We will take care of Merielle," Lucifer said.

     "Of course," Solomon said and he turned to me. "You will call, won't you?"

     "But how can I-" I said incompletely. He took off and left before I could even finish my sentence.

     "We'd better get back to the House of Lamentation. Now. I still have to report this to Diavolo," Lucifer said and flew.

     Mammon carried me once more and we took off as well.

     "Who is Diavolo?" I asked Mammon.

     "You really forgot everything, doncha? Even all the fun you had here the last time you were... ya know... here?" Mammon said. I can tell he is really sad.

     "I'm sorry, but yes," I answered. "I lost my memories in a car accident. I would have died there if you, Lucifer, and four more boys did not take me to a hospital."

     "Mhhh.. well... those other four boys are my brothers. You'll meet them soon. They are at the House of Lamentation by now. You will meet them soon. You actually saw two of them today without even knowing," Mammon said.

     "What? How?" I asked.

     "Remember the snake and the fly in the attic of your house? Those are my brothers who transformed into an animal," Mammon explained.

     "Woah..." I exclaimed. "What about that cute crow? Who is that? Is it another transformed demon?"

     I saw Mammon's cheeks turning a shade of red.

     "Y-you thought that the crow was cute, eh?" Mammon said.

     "Yeah, of course. I love animals. Especially birds," I said. "So, who is that bird?"

     "That... uh... outta be me," he answered, his face flushing hideously red.