19.

Lydia's Point Of View.

-if you don't understand anything that's going on in this chapter make sure to read @NjNj14 book "As Black As It Gets." So you won't be confused.

Thank you enjoy.

Five Minutes Before The Wedding takes place.

Everett leans over to me as he is looking very tasty in his tuxedo.

He kisses my cheek and whispers in my ear.

"You look good."He says as his hand grip my leg.

I shudder from his touch.

One of my good friends Temah was getting married to her new beaū Douglas.

I couldn't dare refuse the offer to NOT go to her wedding.

"Babe. We're in public, let's not act up."I say warning him, as I have Ñovee on my lap.

I spot Jayla and also her boo Luis coming into the grand ball room, looking gorgeous as ever.

I wave at Jayla and as soon as she sees me her eyes widen and her mouth drops.

She runs over to me pulling me into a tight hug.

"Lydia it's been a minute, I miss you!"She says as she skims me up and down.

"I miss you too, and Jayla you look amazing!"I say in awe. She really does look amazing.

From her long dreadlocks to the orange and green colored attire she had on.

She looks fantastic.

"If you would of seen my original option then you would of been more impressed! But anyways, Is this Ñovee?!"She says touching Vee's cheeks.

He smiles making his two dimples appear.

"Yes it is! He's bad girl don't let him fool you."I respond.

She scoffs and picks him up as she gazes at him playing with him.

"What are you kidding! He's adorable!"She says hugging him, putting him back down.

"Thank you."

"Girl your welcome, how long your in New York for? Obviously we have to catch up!"

"I'm here for two days."I reply.

Luis looks at me and gives me a nod. I nod back.

That just his way of greeting people, since middle school.

"Babe. The ceremony is about to start."He says to her.

"Ok. Well, Lydia it was nice seeing you, and I'll catch you in a bit."Jayla says with a smile.

"Likewise."I say as she walks away.

The wedding music cues signaling, everyone to rise.

Temah comes in a beautiful print dress walking with her father.

She's so beautiful.

I look at Douglas who was crying, aww I wish I had a wedding like this .

Her dad lets her go giving her away to Douglas.

Douglas and Temah join hands.

We all sat down as the Pastor started to talk.

"Does anybody object this marriage before we get started with this ceremony."The pastor says.

A strange woman walks into the ceremony looking dirty as ever.

"What the fuck?"I say thinking out loud.