Part 6 - New Opportunities

I woke up the next morning to my mom calling me from downstairs "Cheyenne? Are you up yet?" she said. I was still in bed with Ondreaz. I could not get caught like this. "Coming mom!" I yelled as I quickly got dressed. I looked at Ondreaz asleep, even asleep he looked so cute. I walked downstairs and met my mom in the kitchen. "Oh, Cheyenne, I had a wonderful time last night, but I have a bit of a hangover" she laughed. "Well, I'm glad you had fun mom.. What time did you get home?" I asked. "I think around 4AM" she replied. "Oh my goodness mom, have you been to sleep?" I asked worried. "Not yet but I'll sleep tonight" she said. I made her some breakfast, gave her some headache medicine and sent her to bed for a nap. I didn't know where Ms. Trish was, but I am assuming she was at work.

*Bllliinggg* *Bllllliinggg* my phone began to ring. "Hello?" I answered. "Hello, This is Debra calling again. I don't normally do this" she hesitated. "But I called to tell you that I have changed my mind, you got the job" she said sternly. "Oh my goodness thank you so mu-" I couldn't finished my sentence because she cut me off. "You start tomorrow morning. Be in the doors at 7:45 sharp. Goodbye." Debra hung up abruptly. I didn't care how rude she was being, I got the job!

After a few minutes, Ondreaz came down the stairs wearing nothing but his underwear. Memories from last night flooded my mind. The way he ripped my shirt off and kissed down my body- stop. That can't happen again. No matter how bad I wanted it to. "Hey, what was all that about?" he said. He must have heard me on the phone. "Oh, I got the job!" I exclaimed. "Oh, congratulations!! I'm so proud of you!" Ondreaz said. He pulled me into his arms and my head was on his chest. The thoughts came back. I pulled back and we looked into each others eyes. "I-I better get dressed" I said. "Why? You got something to do today?" he asked. "No, but I would like to not be in my pajamas" I replied. That was such a lie. I wanted to stay in my pajamas all day. I ended up putting on a new set of pajamas. As I was coming back downstairs Ondreaz stared at me, "Wow, those pajamas look better than the last ones" he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "Go back upstairs and get some real clothes on" he said. "Why?" I asked. "I'm taking you out again" he said. I went upstairs and got dressed. I wondered where he would take me. There aren't that many things to do around here.

I came downstairs and Ondreaz was waiting for me at the end of the steps. "You look amazing" he said stunned. "Excuse me? I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt" I laughed. "You look beautiful no matter what" he replied. Ondreaz was not that stuck up guy I once knew. I couldn't be more happy about that. We walked outside and he opened the door for me. We arrived at the movie theater and we went inside. As we were waiting in line, Allen came up to us and said hi. "Hey Cheyenne, I heard you got the job at Grace's Diner" "Congratulations! I can't wait to work with you" he said. "Thank you" I replied. "Well, I'm going to use the restroom real quick" Ondreaz said. When Ondreaz was gone, Allen looked at me weird. He smiled and his perfect teeth glistened. "So, are you two a thing?" he asked. "Me and Ondreaz? No, we're just roommates for now" I said. As bad as I wanted us to be a thing, we couldn't. I didn't wanna risk anything. "Oh okay" "Well, I wanted to let you know that I was the one who talked Debra into reconsidering your application" he said smirking. "Oh, well thank you, I appreciate that" I said blushing. "Hey, do you wanna go out some time?" Allen asked. At that moment, Ondreaz came out of the bathroom and we walked up to get our tickets. Allen smirked and looked me up and down. That was hot. "Well, here's my number if you ever wanna answer my question" Allen winked at me then walked away. "What was that about?" Ondreaz asked. "Oh, Allen told me he was the one who talked Debra into giving me the job" I said. "Oh" he responded. Ondreaz looked down at the ground. He took me aside, "Look, I know the risks of us being together" "So you don't have to worry about me getting jealous or upset that some guy asked you out" he said. "I want you to be happy, just know I am always gonna be here for you" he said reassuringly. I did not expect that at all. "Thank you Ondre" I said smiling. He hugged me and we went to find our seats in the movie theater.