4 ☆

In the two days before Pony Camp, Sam had worked Willow and Bee hard on the lunge rein. The mare took a while to calm down in the beginning of the sessions, so they spent a lot of it trying to stop the mare from rearing and pulling away. As they were working in the field, Bumble was calmer than she would have been in the arena, Sam said that she really hated the arena for some reason. However, the progress they made in two days was impressive and hopefully it would be enough for Sam to let her ride the mare. On their fourth hour of lunging Sam trusted her enough that she left her alone to leave her alone with the mare – which was a good sign.

On the day of Pony Camp, Willow was going to ride a yard horse called Jack. He was a dark grey gelding and was a very sweet boy; she couldn't ride Major as Zoe was riding him that day. Even though Willow had never ridden Jack before, everyone reassured her that he was a very good boy and would behave very well for her.

That morning, Willow put on a pair of black leggings with a pocket in them for her phone, a dark green tight crop top along with her grey zip-up grey stable hoodie, which Marcus had gifted to her a few days before.

As the chores were part of Pony Camp, everyone didn't have to arrive until ten o'clock which was about an eon later than usual. This gave Willow plenty of time to get her body paints out and have a bit of fun with them, as she had a lot of time, they could be a lot more detailed than usual. She pondered for a minute about what she should draw on her arm before she decided to settle for the solar system. The paints glided gently across her left arm as she drew the planets in order with their colours, she didn't want to rush it, so she made sure that it was detailed. And, even though it wasn't a planet anymore, she drew Pluto too.

The white of the scattered stars stood out vibrantly against her tanned skin, which had somehow gotten even more tanned from her time in the sun. She fanned her arm dry gently and once it was done, she tied the jumper around her waist tightly.

Olivia was going to the stables with her that day too, she wanted to go to the camp and see if she enjoyed it and if she would want to carry on riding in the future. So, Willow had given her a pair of her old riding boots that were small enough for her to wear as she hadn't gotten rid of them yet, and she told her where to get the best spare hats from in the tack room.

"Come on Via! We need to go!" Willow said as she knocked on the girls room and waited outside of it for her.

There was a small crash inside of the room before Olivia appeared at the door with her straight black hair tied up in a ponytail. The girl was very excited as she had tagged along with Willow to her old yard once and really enjoyed it, it was likely she would enjoy it even more with other people her age there. The sisters went downstairs, slipped on their boots, ate breakfast and left.

After the short walk to the stables, they followed the signs that had been set up towards the back field. In the field, there were tents, a BBQ, tables of food, benches and hay bales.

Willow encouraged her sister to go and join the younger kids, "go on! You're great at making friends, you'll have fun."

Olivia kicked up a little bit of a fuss before she saw Willow's deadpan expression and gave up to head towards the crowd of other kids her age.

The atmosphere of the stables was mixed, there was excitement but also very tense and gloomy. Mia's horse, Firefly, had been stolen the night before and she was walking around the stables with bloodshot eyes and puffed cheeks. Even though Mia tried to pretend it didn't affect her, everyone could see how hurt she was. Willow didn't like Mia, but she wouldn't wish the situation on anyone, it was horrible.

Willow looked around the field for a long moment as she tried to locate her friends, she found them by the snacks table trying to eat as much as they could without getting told off by Sam for it.