"It was perfectly safe. They were all very polite and welcoming," Harry said shortly.

"It was foolish, just a few months ago they would have..." Arthur started but Harry snapped his eyes onto him.

"Just a few months ago Draco lied to save mine, Hermione and Ron's lives. And only a little bit after that Narcissa lied right to Voldemort's face to beat him," Harry snapped before gathering his cloak. "I'll see you on Thursday," He nodded to them all before leading Gregory into Diagon Alley. Once they were in the alleyway both of them seemed to stop at some unnamed signal and turned to each other.

"I apologise if I overstepped my bounds or caused problems with your friends, I did not mean to cause trouble, but you looked as though you needed rescuing," Gregory said quietly, if he was any other man but a Malfoy Harry would say that he was looking at him unsurely.

"Oh no! I did need rescuing, I was trying to come up with a polite way to run away when you came over. I'm sorry for what they were saying," Harry frowned.

"You do not need to apologise Harry, it is not something that everyone is not thinking or saying behind our backs," Gregory shrugged.

"Well you don't deserve it, the Malfoy name was cleared and you are trying to put things right," Harry scowled.

"Thank you for your defence Harry, it means a lot to me...and to my family, and not just because of your name. We know that what you are saying, you truly believe it," Gregory said softly. Harry felt the blood rushing to his cheeks, he couldn't stop himself from blushing and he couldn't pull his gaze away either.

"I erm...well thank you for your rescue," Harry stammered, blushing darker as he did so.

"I take it you were being pushed towards Miss Weasley again?" Gregory smiled slightly.

"Yes, again. They were alright to start with. Then they started on the hints, if I heard bonding ceremony or proposal one more time I was going to scream," Harry sighed rubbing his temple.

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the afternoon?" Gregory asked. Harry started and looked up at him cautiously wondering whether the middle Malfoy was being polite or actually wanted his company.

"Not really, I just had plans for lunch with Neville and the afternoon to myself," Harry said slowly not sure what to say so as not to embarrass himself. He really wished Hermione was in the country so that he could talk to her about this.

"Would you mind my company for a little while then?" Gregory asked, his eyes drilling into Harry. Harry felt his breath catch in his throat, the idea of getting to spend more time with the middle Malfoy had been playing on his mind lately, he had even been curious as to whether he would be at the next party Harry would be dragged to!

"I'd like that," He admitted shyly, seeing the flash of...something running through Gregory's eyes. He wished that he was better at reading people for emotions other than hate and danger, those two and he knew what you were thinking but the minute it was anything else he was clueless.

"Did your friend manage to retrieve her parents safely?" Gregory asked as they started off at the slow stroll down the alley. Almost cautiously Gregory's hand was placed in the middle of Harry's back as a guide as they walked together.

The Alley had been one of the places that the wizarding public had rallied round to restore. Various builders and constructors donating their time to help rebuild the alley back to its former glory, constant repairs were being made on the shops that had been damaged and destroyed in various attacks. Ollivanders was already repaired and running again for the new term coming up.