Chapter 13~Drago's Attack

~Astrid's PoV~
   I decided to hang out with Valka for a bit, we were just chatting about whether or not Lunala and the other dragons I made friends with would come with me when I saw someone I didn't expect out of the corner of my eye.

   He turned around saying."You might want to take this one you two." And renters the tunnel behind him. Then, I instinctively tuck my unhurt wing closer to me as a massive Viking comes into view. Hiccup's father, Stoick the Vast just stands there, until with a clang the sword he's holding drops to the ground.

   I quickly dart up to the other dragons, dcared that Stoick would forbid me from marrying his son. He comes closer to Valka and merely brushes his hand against her cheek saying that she was still as beautiful as when she lived on Berk.

   I silently follow them with Lunala as they head off for Valka's living quarters. Soon the smell of her delectable fish-kebabs waft through the air and I charge in.

   "Ah, here's my partner." Valka says as she laughs at me eyeballing the kebabs.

   Hiccup comes over and hugs me, careful of wings now that he knows they're there. And before I can react he unclasps my cloak, revealing them to Gobber and Stoick.

   "Hiccup! Why?!" I cry out shocked. I fumble for my cloak but Gobber has it, examining the clasp. He gasps and passes it to Stoick.

   'Oh my Great Fury! I forgot I had placed the Hofferson house insignia on it as well as my initials!' I curse myself. Grasping my Night Fury whistle I blow softly into it. When they hear the noise it produces it causes confusion, which increases as a black blur bundles me up in her front paws and swoops to our seastack in two shakes of a dragon's tail.

   I soon hear laughing and singing coming from up in the cave when suddenly,

   "All dragons! The nest is in danger! Protect it!" Alpha calls out. My eyes slit slightly and I ask Lunala to swiftly heal my wing so I can help.

   As soon as I exit the nest I realize what the dragons fleeing the Red Death's nest must have felt like. Without hesitation, I begin to condense my fire and with a Nadder Battle Cry I release it onto a catapult.

   Suddenly, I hear a call for help and instinctively soar down to help the pinned dragon. Two seconds later, however, and I'm in the same predicament, and my whistles are in the snowy gravel so I'm unable to whistle for backup.

   "Windshear! Tail Slice those traps free those dragons!" I hear a voice call out and next thing I know, I'm free flying up next to Hiccup again, slapping the back of his head with my tail.

   "Hiccup! Where have you been?" Heather asks. "And who is that with the nadder features?"

   "Oh you know; catching up with Mom and my long-lost Girlfriend." He says as he gestures to Valka coming out with Alpha behind her. I take off my mask and wave, before unleasing a brutal salvo of my Speed Stinger darts below.

   Suddenly I hover, shaking my head as a darker voice cuts through the air. "I challenge you for your dragons and your freak of nature!" At this I just gently land behind Hiccup who passes my cloak back to me.

   "What's wrong Mi'lady?" He asks me.

   "The challenger called me a freak of nature. I'm in trouble because of my Nadder Essense I'm susceptible to an Alpha's mind control." I reply as the two Bewilderbeasts continue their duel.