Chapter 5~The Dragon Sanctuary

~Whitecloud's PoV~
    We flew until we found a different island to rest on. I look down at her. She's an absolute divine. She has the same sky blue scales as her Nadder did, but instead of yellow, her markings were a darker shade of blue. Her underbelly was a pale arctic blue color and her horns & claws were white.

   "We should give her a different name. Astrid isn't really a natural dragon name." I comment.

   "How about, Lokaqua(Sky-water)?" Duskfire suggested.

   "I was thinking along the lines of Rahbrii(Divine Beauty)." I say instead. "It suits her."

Timeskip brought to you by Nadder migrations

   It's been a week since naming her and Rahbrii is currently riding on my mate's back. We were effortlessly soaring above the clouds when a large tan and cream Stormcutter erupted out of the clouds in front of us.

   Snarling, I quickly pick up the Viking turned Nadder, that her dragon had begged us to protect, in my talons in case we had to take evasive action quickly. "Who are you?!"

   Unexpectedly, I heard a rattling and whoosing noise and pinpointed the noise to be coming from a strange creature on the Stormcutter's back!

   "My name is Cloudjumper." He replied. "The woman on my back's name is Valka, but we at the nest call her Dovahsaviik, the Dragon Savior. Follow us, and your family will be safe in our nest."

   As we flew farther north, we rounded an iceberg and a massive ice formation. "Welcome to our home." Cloudjumper said proudly.

   As we flew through a tunnel, it opened up into a large cavern hidden by the ice. I expected it to be freezing cold, but the temperature was perfect. Suddenly, a large white head rose up over the cliff to look at us. Instinct took over and I found myself bowing to the Alpha Bewilderbeast before me.

   'Welcome to our home. I am the Alpha of this nest. What are your names?' He asked us. I was confused. I heard him speak, yet his mouth never opened.

   'I can talk to the dragons in my nest telepathicly.' He explained, sensing my confusion.

   "Well, in that case; I'm Duskfire and this is my mate Whitecloud." Duskfire told him. "And our adopted daughter, Rahbrii."

   'I am curious. Why is she adopted?' The king questioned.

   "Because I am barren. I'll never lay eggs of my own, so we agreed that we would raise all orphaned, abandoned, or stolen eggs and hatchlings as our own. No matter the species." I explain, extending a wing and pulling Rahbrii away from the edge of the cliff before she could fall.

   "Well then, this is the perfect place for you two. We're always finding orphaned eggs and hatchlings. How would you two like to be the sole caretakers of all injured dragons no matter the age and all young and orphaned dragons that arrive at the nest?" He asks us.

   "We humbly accept your offer." Duskfire said. "How many are there right now?"

   'We have a triple stryke hatchling, an elderly rumblehorn, a blind Death Song and her hatchling, and a female Night Fury who's in a coma that the Dovahsaviik and Cloudjumper rescued last night. She's about Rahbrii's age. They are in the cave next to their cave. Cloudjumper will show you. There's plenty of room there. Get settled in, its almost feeding time. Just follow the others.' He informs us.