24 | Push It

"I think I can see my life in your eyes
I think you got everything that I like
I think I can feel you coming inside
And at the same time"
- Jhené Aiko

"I think I can see my life in your eyesI think you got everything that I likeI think I can feel you coming insideAnd at the same time"- Jhené Aiko

"Just my luck I run into my husband's ex. I did not expect for this to happen on my first day in Los Angeles I didn't know you was popping like that, babe." I spoke out loud in a joking way while licking some ice cream out of my waffle cone. After leaving the restaurant we made our way downtown where we stopped at a local ice cream shop where one of his exes happened to be with a couple of her friends. I noticed the stares and whispers almost immediately and he couldn't hide his growing irritation for the life of him. I didn't even have to ask him for confirmation. I just knew.

"There's nothing in my past that I want back, especially not these bitches." I rolled my eyes and swung our hands lightly.

"Not to be funny, but that's the type of girls you go for? You're an attractive man so I would have thought you knew your worth a little."

"Nah, you being funny, Bay. You're the type of girl I go for." I gasped and looked over at him like he was crazy.

"No, I'm definitely not. I'm pretty sure we've established that already. If it wasn't for our dad's hating each other we wouldn't even-"

"So you don't speak anymore, Rell?" I rolled my eyes, knowing it had to be the same girls from the ice cream shop. Below average looking girls love to cause scenes. I turned around with Jerrell and looked at the girls he used to associate with.

"I ain't spoke to your ass in over two years. Don't try it now because you see me with my wife and you're trying to impress your friends. You know I don't play them type of games." I couldn't help the small smirk that grew on my face at the level of authority in his voice.

"Calling your girlfriend your wife is really cute, Rell, but we all know you aren't the marriage type. No need to try and feed this one lies." I started laughing, not being able to hold it in much longer.

"Babe, are you entertaining this? I'm definitely not." I said while continuing to lick my ice cream. The girls were all giving me dirty looks so I sent the main one a wink. I don't have anything to prove to any of these girls, and not one of them can make me feel insecure. Especially not when it comes to the validity of my marriage. I looked at Jerrell to see him smirking down at me.

"I'm on whatever you on, baby girl. If I see any of you hoes following us I'm ending your life." He let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder before leading us back towards the car. "I'm sorry about all of that."

"No need to apologize. I knew something like this would happen eventually. Have you been with anyone since we've been apart?" It's not something I want to ask, but it's something I want to know so I might as well get it out the way now. I can't say I'll be too understanding if he says yes. I get that we've been apart, but we never had a conversation regarding on living as single people.