Nico

After Harry, Ron and Hermione leave the common room to go help Hagrid with his dragon i sit in the common room alone. After a few moments Neville comes down from the dormitory. "Oh Hi Nico. I was just. Which is to say. I mean..." "Neville!" I say eager to stop his mindless stammering. "I literally could not care less if you sneak out if i actively tried, and at that point I'm almost caring." Neville stands in the common room with his mouth hanging open.then walks out without another word. When i turn back to the fireplace Hestia is standing there with her arms crossed and a frown on her face. I roll my eyes. "What?' Her frown deepens. " I dont suppose you considered how much misery you would have caused everyone who cares about you if your little stunt had been successful?" My blood Boils. "Nobody cares about me. The only person who ever cared about me was Bianca and she died." Hestia sighed. "You know that isn't true. What about Harry, Ron, And Hermione. What about Annabeth or Percy." I pick up the pitcher of water from the table and put out the fire. Hestia vanishes in a puff of smoke. I pace back and forth in the common room tears welling up in my eyes. Then i make a decision and shadow travel down to the grounds.

When i arrive at the edge of the quidditch pitch i summon four spartoi and make them dig a pit. Then it oss in two apples i took from the Gryffindor common room. Then i begin the spell.  Silver wraiths began to gather around me. Finally i finish the spell. "Bianca Di Angelo. Come To me!" One of the wraiths steps forward and drinks from the pool of sludge. But when it rises it isn't Bianca. It's Zoe Nightshade. Anger boils up inside me. "How dare you come here!" Where's Bianca?" "She will not come to you anymore. It is time for you both to move on." "But she came to me before." I argue. Zoe smiles at me sadly. "No Nico, you came to her. She was able to appear to you because you had entered the void between life and death." "I am the Ghost King!" I scream. "If i want to speak to my sisters ghost then she WILL appear to me!" "Do you really want to force her? Make her your slave to answer your every call?" I look towards the ground. She knows damn well that's not what i want. She reaches out and lifts my chin. "Thou must let thy sister go. Only then can you both find peace." With that she disappears.

"Mr. Diangelo! What on earth do you think you're Doing?" I whirl around. Professor Mcgonnogal, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Malfoy. How long have they been watching? How much have they heard? How dare they eavesdrop on me. Finally i lose control of my emotions. And my power begins to spill out. And then i see terror flash across my friends face. My friends. All my anger collapses i begin to sob. "Oh just leave me alone." "Necromancy on the Hogwarts grounds." Mcgonnogal breaths. "Never in all my years. You'll need to speak to the headmaster immediately."

Professor Mcgonnogal escorted me to a set of stairs cleverly hidden behind a statue of a griffin. I walk up and take a seat in Dumbledore office. It reminds me of the oracle room at camp. Full of random shit. After a few moments Professor Dumbledore walks in from a door somewhere in the back of the office. "Good evening Mr. Diangelo." I cross my arms in response. "I've received a most disturbing report from Professor Mcgonnogal. Would you kindly explain to me why you felt it was appropriate to summon spirits on my campus?" I look down. "Just because i summon spirits doesn't mean I'm a bad person." Dumbledore has no visible reaction. "I do not believe I accused you of being a bad person. Nor do i believe that you are one. I merely asked for an explanation." I pull my knees to my chest. Dumbledore sits patiently. "I was trying to speak to my sister." "I see." Dumbledore says calmly. "And were you successful." "NO!" I shout. "She wont come to me anymore." He nods. "Nico, Do you know why Necromancy is considered a dark art." I sigh. "Because its unnatural. The dead belong amongst the dead. To bring the Dead back amongst the living violates the natural order. Just as murder violates the natural order b y forcing the living amongst the dead." Dumbledore Nods. "I could not have stated it better myself. So can i trust that this will not happen again?" I take a deep breath and nod. "Good. You will serve detention with your classmates. Now off to bed."