Ron

With Mid term exams coming up every teacher has started assigning homework like they're the only ones assigning it. As a result we haven't had any time to visit Hagrid. So we all decide that as soon as we finish exams we will head straight to Hagrid's hut and ask him what the dog is guarding. When we finally knock on Hagrid's door we hear a lot of barking and scrambling and then the door opens revealing the massive form of Hagrid. "Well well, ain't this a surprise. Come on in you four,  just put a kettle of tea on the fire." As Hagrid pours the tea we all settle into his massive chairs. Nicos black cat jumps up onto his lap and purs contentedly as Nico strokes its body. "I'm glad to see your alright Harry", Hagrid booms as he hands Harry a cup of coffee. "You know these four have this crazy theory that Professor Snape Jinxed your broom." The four of us exchange a glance. "Well Hagrid", Harry begins gently. "I think they're right". "Oh come now", Hagrid snorts. "Not you too. Now why on earth would Snape want to kill you Harry?" "We think that on Halloween Snape tried to get past that three headed dog. Harry noticed his leg got hurt so now Snape thinks Harry's on to him." "Hence the murder", Nico finishes and I jump out of my seat. He has a nasty habit of blending into the shadows so you forget he's there. Hagrid drops his tea cup. "How do you four know about Fluffy?" Hagrid asks. "You mean that monster has a name?" Nico crosses his arms. "Why shouldn't it have a name? You think everyone should just call it three headed dog. How would you feel if we all called you red hair freckle nose?" Hermione lets out a girlish giggle. She has such a crush on him its absolutely infuriating.

"Look", Hagrid says. "You four should stop worrying about that dog. It's nobody's business except Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel, ohh." Nico snaps to attention. "Did you say Nicholas Flamel?" Hagrid facepalms. "I shouldn't have told you that." I turn to Nico. "Have you heard of him." A panicked look flickers across Nico's face then an instant later its gone. "Uhm, I think I read about him once." "That's enough", Hagrid interrupts. "You four should get back to the common room." Hagrid shuffles us quickly out of his hut. "And just put fluffy and Nicholas Flamel out of your minds." And he slams the door behind us. When we get back back to the common room we all turn to Nico. "Who is Nicholas Flamel?" He sighs with frustration. "I cant remember exactly. Its been almost an entire year. All I remember is that he's about six hundred years old." My jaw hits the floor. "Six hundred! That cant be right. Now one can live that long. Not even a wizard." "They shouldn't be able to", Nico agrees. "But he somehow extended his life. I don't remember how." "Hmm", Hermione hums thoughtfully. "Well do you remember where you read his name?" Again Nico gets a panicked look on his face, but its gone as quick as it comes. "Uhm, No." he says shortly. "I think I'll go to bed." And he rushes to the dormitory.  "But its only four o'clock", Harry protests. "We haven't even had dinner yet." "That's okay", Nico shouts back." Then I hear the door close behind him.

I turn back to Harry and Hermione and cross my arms. "That little wanker knows more than he's telling us." "Ronald!" Hermione scolds. "I don't Know Ron", Harry interjects. The name sounds vaguely familiar to me as well. Maybe it was mentioned in one of our classes or something." I wave off his comment. "Its not just that he recognizes the name. You saw the way he reacted when we asked about it. He definitely remembers where he read it, so why won't he tell us?" "If he is keeping secrets then I'm sure he has a good reason", Hermione argues. "We will just have to find out who Nicholas Flamel is ourselves."  I snort. "You wouldn't be saying that if you weren't sweet on him Hermione."  Hermione face turns blood red. "You are absolutely the biggest jack ass I have ever had the misfortune to know Ronald Weasley!" Then she storms off to the girls dormitory. I look over to Harry. "That was a bit harsh don't you think?" Harry rolls his eyes. Seriously, why does everyone keep rolling their eyes at me. "You should be nicer to Hermione, we don't want a repeat of Halloween." "All I'm saying", I argue. "Is that Nico Di Angelo is Keeping something from us."