Wicked: History repeats its damn self

Start from the beginning

"Does this little observation of yours contain anything at all resembling a point?"

She rolled her eyes. "Point is it's going to be difficult."

"I believe your point has been pointed out from the beginning."

She shook her head, clicking her tongue once. "But it's going to be worth it."

I froze on my seat and listened to what else she wanted to say.

"This is a battle of pride and you're leaning towards the losing side." She continued. "It's either you cower like a scared cat or fight like crouching tiger."

I thought about what Sam said. This being a battle of pride. What would the pre-Damon Louise do? And the first answer that came into my head made my spine shudder in a way that I suddenly wanted to stop thinking about it.

The old Louise would never let anything get to her.

And that was exactly what I needed to remind myself. Nothing should ever have that much control over me other than myself.

*

The walk home was rather indolent. Sam met up with the rest of the head committee at The Beanery and insisted I went with her to celebrate my being given the main role which was something I really didn't want to celebrate about. She had sent multiple messages convincing me to come around but I ignored them.

I was already a block away from home when it hit me that Mr. Clyde was back to living across the street. I had the sudden urge to get back on my way and take Sam on her offer about that celebratory coffee but I retaliated, too tired of all the socialising I had been doing today. Maybe if I didn't open the lights, he would think I wasn't home. I just have to lock all my doors in case he was still up with his stupid tricks.

       It didn't snow today but my lawn had accumulated high enough. I'd have to try to rake those out or call for service again and I think I'd forget about it eventually if I didn't do it soon, just like last year.

       I resisted the urge to look at his house's direction when I came up to our block, which I failed to miserably. There were two cars out front; a white Audi and a black Fortuner, the latest model. I saw that once in a magazine and I knew that it looked even better inside. The lights in the kitchen were on and I could see his silhouette on the curtained window. Damon's home. I should probably start imprinting in my mind that to me, now he's only Mr. Clyde--my English Literature teacher that lived across the street.

I had two messages on the phone when I got home. It was both long distance phone calls from Mom telling me to call them on Skype as soon as I came. I'll do that later. For now, I need a warm soak. This day was a long one, thinking about it. And what I need was to wipe my mind clean like a slate. To do that, I'm going to need lots and lots of essential oil.

       I got a glass of milk from the kitchen before going into the bathroom. At the far corner of the bathroom was a drawer where Mom kept all the essential oils and scented candles. I lighted up two lavender-scented ones which were my favorite and mixed ten drops each of lavender, chamomile, and mandarin into my glass of milk. Lavender was my favorite cause Mom said it helps with the headache and insomnia which was what I needed right now. On the second note, I should double it up.

        I set my tub up, rinsing it twice before starting to fill it up past halfway through and then adding my milk mixture into it before giving it a good stir. Ahh, the water was just hot enough and it made me excited to get in. Steam was already rising from the water and I began stripping down my clothes and placing them onto the rack by the door. I set up my Yiruma playlist and placed my phone on top of the drawer so it wouldn't get wet and then I went in the tub.