Part 1

my family has just moved to San Fernando Valley in California. i was from New York so it was different then what i was used to. i used to live in the city and now i live...here.
my parents were inside the house, moving boxes around and starting to unpack. i was outside grabbing some boxes that belonged to me. i had placed a box down and looked up, moving my hair out of my sweaty face when i saw this boy walking down the street. he had dark brown hair and brown eyes. he was walking on the sidewalk and i guess he sensed me looking his way because he looked over to me. i nodded at him and he winked at me then went inside his house which was across the street from mine. what even was that?

i brought my last box inside and put it in my room then unpacked everything. i didn't mind my bedroom. it was bigger than my old room so i liked it. i plopped down onto my bed when i heard a knock on my door. i sighed as i stared up at the ceiling, "who is it?" i call out. scotty walked in, "just me
y/n." he sits on my bed next to me. i look up at my younger brother, "what?" i ask him. he looks down at me, "wanna go for a walk tomorrow? " he asks. "yeah, sure. i guess so." i respond and i see a small smirk creep onto his face before he nods and leaves my room.

later that night, i simply ate dinner, took a shower, and headed to bed, burnt out from all the moving i had done today. although, throughout the night, i had trouble sleeping, the boy from earlier stayed on my mind.