20: Punishment

Andre sat in the dungeon tied to chained in the middle, ready for his punishment; for this, he was turned back to human.

He winced, hearing Grace screams of agony. She has been on a rampage ever since she finding out about Ciana being in the enemy's hands. He had delivered the news taking all te blame. All dead threats against Dolores and the sorcerers ceased.

Grace is in so much pain at the loss of Ciana that she has been causing massive earthquakes around their little town, and everything living creature dies within seven feet. All plants and trees had started to wither.

The doors to the dungeon opened up, and Blaise walked in, holding a whip and iron bar. "I'll make you suffer, but no amount of pain will compare to what you have caused Grace."

"I'll take my punishment," he said.

"You will!" Blaise growled.

Andre gripped the chains tightly as the whip came down, striking him across is back. Andre didn't care, he did the right thing. His daughter is safe; that's all that matters to him. He'll endure any punishment that comes his way.

Throughout his whole life, he has always messed things up, always complaining about not being part of the central family.

He was always feeling left out. But things got better after his older cousin met his wife. And then he, himself, met Grace.

He smiled.

The first time he met, Grace was annoying because she was bossy. But as he got to know her, he knew she was the woman he wanted to call his wife. But because of their personalities and attitudes, they always seemed to clash in unexpected ways.

They were always arguing over the littlest things.

He lost her when he left, she got married to Blaise. And now here they were trapped and struggling to survive. No matter what, he will save Grace. He'll have to endure her bossing him around until he can break through her darkened heart.

"It seems this has no effect on you," Blaise drop the whip. "Fine, let's take it up a notch." Andre watched as he held the tip of the iron bar against the fire. He saw as the tip turn red. "Let's see if you can handle this, you filthy mutt!"

Andre gritted his teeth as Blaise dragged the hot iron across his back, over the opened wounds. His body tightens, enduring the pain. He smelled burnt flesh mixed with blood. The pain was excruciating, Blaise repeating the processes many times that Andre lost count. At this point, he didn't feel any pain, his back and soul were numb. Andre knew his back was a mess with skin hanging from his back. He'll have scars, that for sure.

"Damn you!" Blaise kicked the chair again the wall, it shatters like it was nothing. "Why won't you scream?!"

"I'll endure it," he mumbles. "For Grace's and my child sake."

"So be it!" Blaise called out two-man, and they held his head. "I'll take your sight! Then you won't be able to see Grace or your baby! My face will be the last thing you'll ever see!"

"Bring it on!" Andre spat.

Andre didn't struggle and stared into Blaise's eyes. Blaise held a dragged and hand someone open his left eye. "Goodnight, Andre."

Andre gripped the chains even tighter until his knuckles turned white. Losing his sight is nothing if it means Grace and his child are safe, so be it. To hell with his eyesight.

Andre didn't scream as Blaise gauged out his eyes. The pain was unbearable as if his body was being torn apart.

After it was over, he's whole body was numb; he could taste his own blood.