ghetto detention pt. 2 | multiple

Start from the beginning

"Psst." DeVanté whispered looking over at her. Londyn looked up from her book and softly smiled. ""Yes Don- I mean De?"

DeVanté grinned at her, happy that his crush at least knew his name after all these years of never speaking. "Uh, you workin' on that chem homework?" He asked even though he already knew she was.

She nodded and sighed. "Shit's kinda hard though." She said as she scanned her paper while gently tapping her pencil on the table.

"You wanna work on it together? I'm kinda stuck too. Maybe we can help each other." DeVanté asked and bit down on his bottom lip.

Londyn suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach. He didn't even say much, but she never knew he was so smooth with his words. And that voice. That voice was something serious.

"Yea sure." She responded. He got up from his seat and went over to her table with his belongings and sat down beside her. His nose was swiftly hit with the strong smell of what seemed to be a strawberry scented perfume. She smelled amazing.

"What question were you working on?" She asked as she pulled her chair in closer to him. "Number 5." He responded.

Ironically enough, they were both having trouble with the same question.

"This shit so confusin'. Like what's really the point of this subject?" DeVanté dropped his pencil on his textbook and leaned back in his chair.

Londyn chuckled and copied his actions. "I feel you. Chemistry and Math aren't really my strong points. I love English."

"Yea I like English too." DeVanté agreed and smirked. "That class helps me out a lot with the songs I write."

Londyn snapped her neck in his direction and furrowed her eyebrows. "You write songs? What kind of songs?" She questioned with fascination in her voice as she sat up straight in her chair.

"I write a lot of gospel music for the choir at my dad's church. I also write a few love songs every now and then, but that only happens if I find the inspiration to." He explained.

"What you mean?" Londyn asked curiously as she crossed one leg over the other.

DeVanté chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "Uh... ok- like if I had sex wit a girl and she left me feenin' for more, I'd write somethin' about that. Or if I'm talkin' to a girl that I like..." He eyed Londyn behind his shades. "I'd write about that too. It's all about inspiration for me."

Londyn nodded slowly with an impressed expression. "That was deep." She said sarcastically but seriously.

"C'mon stop playin' wit me." DeVanté responded and they both shared a laugh.

"But honestly, that's really cool. You seem very talented." She expressed.

DeVanté swiped his tongue across his bottom lip. "Oh I can show you talented." He thought to himself.

"I'm aight." He said humbly and playfully waved her off.

They continued talking about many different things while completely ignoring their homework. DeVanté obviously wasn't going to show it, but he was extremely excited to be sitting this close and talking to Londyn. He always found her stunning and already knew about her down to earth personality from the way she treated everyone. But now that he was actually getting to know her one on one, he could most definitely see why everyone loved her. She was a rare gem.