7 minutes in heaven ~ H

“Oh my god , oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my-“

“Liv stop it! It’s fine, you’ll be fine. Suck it up.” Beth said. My group of friends was getting together with Harvey’s group of friends, and I was nervous as hell.

“Just be your usual stubborn self, make sure we win all the games and don’t be awkward.”

“pff awkward?” I scoffed. “since when am I ‘awkward’” Beth rolled her eyes.
“Well you’re being awkward right now.” She was correct. I was currently sort of posing on the ground with a terrified look on my face.

“Listen, don’t worry too much about it. You’ve hung out with all these people before. Harvey was there all of those times. I mean you’re like this every time you’d think it’d wear off…” Beth rambled. I got up and pulled my shirt

“Isn’t it gonna be cold?”

“Oh please we’re gonna be outside for like two seconds now come on I want to be fashionably late not actually late.” I rolled my eyes and we walked out of Beth ’s house to the car.

***

When we got there everyone was pretty much already there. Harvey’s friend’s parents were out of town so he decided to invite my friends over to hang with his friends. I was surprised it didn’t grow into a bigger party.

Inside there were several of my friends and several of Harvey’s friends in the living room. By the time everyone got there, there were probably 20 people in the room

I walked around to hug everyone, scanning the room to find Harvey and saw him approaching the living room from the kitchen.

“Well, well look who finally decided to show up!” Harvey opened his arms for a hug and walked towards me. I quickly walked over and embraced him, my cheeks reddening just the slightest bit.

“Liv wanted to be ‘fashionably late’ blame her.“ Beth said sarcastically

“Hey! You’re not supposed to acknowledge it, it just happens” Liv yelled from the kitchen after raiding the cabinets. I rolled my eyes and made Harvey laugh. We were pretty good friends.

“Okay now that everyone’s here, let the games begin!” Max said.

We all gathered around the coffee table next to the couch. I went to go sit next to my friends but Harvey pulled me over into a spot next to him. I smiled. He smiled. He’s so adorable.

“I think maybe we should start with a friendly game of Cards Against Humanity?” Everyone agreed so we started playing the game.

I was the first to pick a black card first so I grabbed one and read it out.

“This is the prime of my life. I’m young, hot, and full of _____”

“Oh i gotta good one for this.” Max said.

“Well it can’t be better than mine. My card was made for this.” Beth said.

“We’ll see sweetheart.”

“Okay okay enough banter out your damn cards in!” I laughed. Everyone put a card down and I picked them all up to shuffle.