Chapter 9: Your second attempt

Start from the beginning

I was about to protest when all of a sudden a certain furry friend of ours decided it was time to wake up.

Puck: "Great morning isn't it? I cannot thank you both enough for what you did yesterday but I'll find a way to somehow."
Y/N: "Aww Puck there's seriously no need-"
Subaru: "Hey I know! How about you let us pet your fur whenever we feel like it!"
Emilia: "Really? Thats all you both want?"
Y/N: "I did not agree to that!"

Subaru gently grabbed puck and brought him towards his cheek and cuddled him like a child would. I smiled at this since it was kinda cute. I noticed Emilia was too.

Subaru: "Alrighties Y/N let's go! Our time is limited and our world is grand. The story of us three amigos has only just begun! There's lots to do!"
Y/N: "Alright!"
Emilia: "That's true but may I ask what an amigos is?"

Timeskip

So we're back to where we started hm? Well it could be worse. The only thing that I'm a little bummed out about is the fact that I outwardly confessed my feelings to Emilia last night and now she doesn't remember a thing. Which means after I figure out how Subaru and I died I'll have to do that all over again and I don't know if I still have the courage to do that. No. I won't be able to do anything with this mindset. I'm a trainee knight after all. Emilia's knight. I have to re-confess my feelings to her tonight. No matter what it takes. I'm gonna protect her with my life.

Subaru: "I really like it here. I would like to do something as a thank you to all of you."
Roswaal: "well ok then, do tell?"
Subaru: "May I please work here!?"

Silence.

Well I know where this is heading...

Both Puck and Roswaal burst out with laughter...again.

Puck: "Work here?"
Roswaal: "hahaha! Wow Subaru you sure are quite the jokester!"
Y/N: "Actually he wasn't joking."
Roswaal: "Is that so? Well in that case be my guest."
Subaru: "Thank you sir! I won't let you down!"
Roswaal: "I hope not! I'll have Ram tour you around the building properly after breakfast."
Subaru: "Well actually there's no need for the tour. I know my way round already!"
Emilia: "How so? You've only just arrived here."

Aw crap Subaru you've done it again.

Subaru: "Uhhh...Y/N gave me a tour earlier!"
Y/N: "Huh?"
Subaru: "Yeah! She showed me around this morning isn't that right Y/N?"

He leaned his head towards my direction and gave me a look hinting at me to play along.

Y/N: "Oh uh...Yeah! I woke up especially early to make sure he had gotten his bearings a little. Y'know so that he doesn't make the same mistakes I did."
Roswaal: "Ah well then, that makes sense."

We all finished up with Subaru having made the first step of our investigation of what happened last night. With that breakfast was over.

Timeskip again

Subaru and I were closely following Rem and Ram to where the uniforms were kept. We had agreed that if we stuck together the entire day but still try and say and do the same things then maybe we'd have more of a chance of figuring out our cause of death. Especially if we were murdered, it'd be easier to catch our killer.

Ram: "Barusu that is most likely to big for you."
Subaru: "Aw c'mon, don't you have anything that's my size here?"
Rem: "it's highly likely that we don't since everything in the mens is tailored to fit Lord Roswaal."
Ram: "Well then Rem, is it possible for you to alter that one for him."
Rem: "Yes of course sister."
Subaru: "Alright take my measurements. Cuz a man like me can withstand all kinds of awkwardness!"
Ram: "We'll measure you a bit later."
Y/N: "huh? But wouldn't you have to? If he is to work here then wouldn't the uniform be necessary right now?"
Ram: "Not until after our own work is done. Come along Rem."
Y/N: "Oh ok then...my apologies."