Chapter 4: Your destiny...?

Y/N PoV
"Thanks Jill. It really meant a lot" I stated as we were walking out of her house after a seemingly...nice nights sleep.
Jill: "it's no problem girls. If you ever find yourself in a pickle again feel free to come back here anytime."
Emilia: "I'm forever thankful Jill. We will be sure to do so."
We smiled and waved her off as we headed to Emilia's business meeting.

Silence once again.

Emilia has been awfully shy around me this morning ever since last night. She must feel embarrassed I guess but it still slightly stings.

Y/N: "Emi."
Emilia: "Y-Yes?"
Y/N: "about last night. There's no need to feel embarrassed about it. You just needed a little help sleeping and no one can blame you for that. I'm here to support you so if that's what's required for me to do so, I will."
Emilia: "well um...thank you Y/N. Although last night was a little embarrassing, that's not what I'm afraid of right now."
Y/N: "Oh...well then what's wrong?"
Emilia: "Y/N. I've not been completely truthful to you. The thing is, this "business meeting" is actually an election meeting."
Y/N: "election meeting?"
Emilia: "I'm a selected candidate for the throne of Lagunica. This meeting is where I'll be receiving my insignia which signifies my place in the race for the monarchy."
Y/N: "..."
Emilia: "I'm sor-"
Y/N: "THAT'S SO AWESOME! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER!?"
She burst out laughing and looked at me.
Emilia: "You dunderhead. I didn't tell you because I thought that it would intimidate you into staying distant from me. It's what usually happens..."
Y/N: "of course not!"
Puck: "well it's about time you told her anyway."
Y/N and Emilia: "Puck!?"
Puck: "morning Lia, N/N."
Y/N: "N/N?"
Emilia: "I think it's a rather cute nickname."
Y/N: "E-eh?" I couldn't help but blush at that.
Emilia: "ehehe c'mon N/N. Let's get to the castle before we're late!"
She took my hand and raced through the streets with puck on top of my head. This couldn't get any better.
It didn't take us that long to get there.

Timeskip

We stood outside the place where the supposed "business meeting" took place. It was so big. Ok kinda...took my time to look at it. And I thought Roswaal's mansion was big.

Emilia: "are you just going to stare at it or are you coming in?" She stop at the door giving me an adorably perplexed look.
Y/N: "coming." I said and walked inside a long with her and puck.

Third person PoV

The trio were greeted with a man in an official uniform at the door.
Man: "name?"
Emilia: "Emilia"
Man: "Miss Emilia. Candidate for the 42nd ruler of Lagunica?"
Emilia: "indeed"
Man: "and who are these two?"
Emilia: "this is puck. He is my companion spirit. And this is-"
Man: "do you have an official knight?"
Emilia: "not-"
Y/N: "That would be me."
Both Emilia and the Man looked at Y/N puzzled whilst puck chuckled slightly.
Man: "you?"
Y/N: "yes"
Man: "have you been trained by the official kingdom knights."
Y/N: "may I apply?"
Man: "so you haven't?"
Y/N: "no but I'm willing to."
Man: "is this correct miss Emilia?
Emilia: "I-"
Y/N quickly shot her a look signifying that she should play along.
Emilia: "yes..."
Man: "well what is this "knights" name?"
Y/N: "Y/N L/N."
Man: "Y/N eh?"
Y/N: "yes."
Man: "sir Astrea!"
The three looked around puzzled at the man's sudden cry. Not long after, a man with bright red hair and azure blue eyes appeared.
Sir Astrea: "Yes?"
Man: "this girl claims to be miss Emilia's knight."
"Astrea" looked to Y/N and unsheathed his sword, pointing it at Y/N's neck.
Emilia: "don't hurt her!"
Sir Astrea: "let's just check. Miss you're a knight you say?"
He slowly ran his sword across Y/N's neck. Leaving a bleeding scratch there.
Y/N: "ahh!"
Emilia: "what are you doing?!"
Sir Astrea: "if I can sense a certain aura of her mona from her blood, it'll prove if she is a knight or not."

Silence again.

Man: "well then?"
Sir Astrea: "this girl...is coming with me."
He grabbed Y/N by the arm.
Y/N: "huh?! Let go of me!"
Emilia: "what are you going to do with her?"
Sir Astrea: "This girl isn't a knight....she's something we've never seen before. I'm not letting her out my sight until I train her."
Y/N: "What the hell do you mean?!"
Sir Astrea: "your aura emits the same one as mine."
Puck: "that means Y/N is-"
Reinhard: "My name is Reinhard Van Astrea. I am the Master swordsman. Miss Y/N L/N here is also a Master swordsman. She's staying with me for training."
He put Y/N in handcuffs and took her away.
Y/N: "let go of me! I know nothing of this Master swordsman crap!"
Emilia: "Y/N!"
Meanwhile, as Emilia tried to follow after them, she was stopped by the man.
Man: "You're here to receive your insignia aren't you? You'll be late if you don't go."
He then took Emilia to the throne room.

Timeskip

"Lady Crush Karsten!"

Crush: "Present!"  A dark green haired girl walked up to the large podium at the front of the throne room and was given a triangular crystal by the royal council. She was then followed by...
"Lady Priscilla Barielle!"
Priscilla: "of course I'm here!" The same process was done for her and...
"Lady Anastasia Hoshin!"
Anastasia: "I'm here"
Finally, the last candidate received the same treatment.
"Lady Emilia!"
Still afraid of what had happened to Y/N, Emilia hesitantly answered.
Emilia: "p-present..."
There, she received her insignia but what has Reinhard done with Y/N? No one was sure of that.