15 | Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Ok, first of all, BIG THANK YOU  to everyone who stood by this story. Your reads, votes and comments send me over to the moon. I appreciate every one of my readers more than I've ever mentioned. 

I hoped you've enjoyed this story.

I would love to hear any of your criticisms. Constructive too.

I have another story in all drafts which is like fully (poorly poorly) written and I might consider editing and posting that too if you guys are up to reading it. So lemme know! 

Meanwhile, if you are looking to read something go check out @Albeli_26  She has amazing works on her profile. Simply perfect to fill that IshRa shaped void in your heart. 

5 years later 

Ishita smiled as she picked up her baby. She seated on the baby on the high chair carefully as it was lunchtime. Baby babbled something away as ishita mashed the food. A giggle drew from the baby's mouth as ishita brought the plate near her. 

Ishita assisted the baby with the spoon, "How about we eat and take a bath, then mama will allow you to play with barbie?" 

Baby Ruhi's giggles grew as she heard a familiar word fall out of Ishita's mouth. In one of the routine check-ups, the doctor had informed the couple that the kid would start talking soon and so they had decided to use more friendly words and to call each other mama and papa around her. 

Raman was out of town on a business trip. Ever since the baby came Raman had refused to go any trips out of town to spend all his free time with his family. But this time it was inevitable, this deal could be locked by Raman alone and after a lot of reassurance from Ishita that she would call him all the time and send him pictures of Baby Ruhi, he calmed down to some level and left. 

After Ruhi finished eating, Ishita picked her up to give her a bath. She put the baby in the small bathtub that was bought for her which the little girl loved playing in. As the baby splashed around, Ishita coached "Can you say mama for me?" She repeated it over and over so Ruhi can catch it for it was more focused on the bath toys surrounding her. 

As Ishita was about to give up, Ruhi cooes "pa - pa" 

Ishita's eyes lit up "You did great baby". She quickly pulled her phone out to facetime Raman. it didn't take him more than two rings to pick it up. He smiled instantaneously to find it was his two favourite girls. 

Ishita says to Ruhi, "Say it again, baby. Say, papa" 

A warm feeling nuzzles over at Raman's chest. He looks at his daughter with hopeful eyes when Ruhi splashes another round of water out of the tub. Ishita looks at Raman apologetically, "She just said it, I'm sorry you missed it" 

"I knew this meeting was a mistake" Raman groaned from the other end just when baby Ruhi squeals "Papa" Raman went silent for a second. Ruhi took that time to again scream papa. He cheered happily for his daughter.

"Can you say mama now?" Ishita asked.

"Papa papa papa" Ruhi chants while surfing the duck in her tub. Ishita rolls her eyes at Raman, "This father-daughter thing is getting ridiculous. I mean you aren't even here and she's like papa" 

"We can't help it if she loves papa more" Raman smirked "Don't worry she'll be saying mama soon. And she'll be saying mama all her life more than papa. Mama where's this? mama how to do this? mama where to get this? and all I'll get is papa, where is mama? so let me have this"

Ishita smiled at her husband sweetly. Oh how quickly he would always pull her out of any bad moods. She whispered, "I love you, Raman, I'm so glad Appa fixed my marriage with Subbu otherwise I wouldn't have met you" 

Raman chuckled, "I love you too. Not very thrilled hearing about the thought of you marrying another man but at least because of it we have a funny meet story we can tell Ruhi" 

After Ishita cleaned up Rui and put her to bed, she called Raman once again and just like all the time, they had a beautiful conversation. 

 ✿