V

The morning sun rose over the small village, it was quite a beautiful day outside. Even though it was beautiful on the outside however, Senku was very upset.

Gen had been ignoring him for the past three days and he had no idea why. Had he been a bad boy? Had he said something mean he didn't mean to? Did Gen think he was yucky? Did daddy not love him anymore?"

Senku sighed as he thought all these things, he really hoped they weren't true. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the mentalist, he was carrying plywood out to the back yard for some reason.

"Good morning, daddy!" Senku greeted. "Wanna play with my blockies or my stuffies with me?"

"Oh pumpkin, I'm sorry but I can't right now, daddy is very busy. Maybe later, Senkie." He smiled, patting the boys head as he walked outside.

What? Senku thought. No good morning kiss? No playtime? I must be a bad boy...

Senku sighed, he walked over to his toy box and got the blocks Chrome had made for him. Wait a minute... Chrome? Yeah, of course! Chrome always played with him. Senku ran outside to the front yard, he found Chrome carrying a box, more plywood and what looked like paint.

"Hi Chwome!" Senku said sweetly. "Wanna play blockies with me? Pretty pwease?"

"Aww Senku, Uncle Chrome would love to play with you, but he's very busy right now. We can play later though." Chrome said, walking past Senku.

Senku was literally shaking. Him too? Senku thought. Oh no, this can't be right! What did I do? Then after all that, an idea popped into Senku's head. "I know! I'll draw them a picture!" Senku ran back to the house he now permanently shared with Gen and got his crayons and some paper and began to draw.

The first picture he drew was of Gen holding him. Senku was actually a very good artist, even in littlespace. He did draw diagrams for experiments and things alot. He finished the somewhat realistic drawing after signing it in babyish hand writing. Then, he moved on to Chrome's. He drew one of his favorite memories, when he and Chrome went to the lab together one day and saw him carving the blocks for him. That one didn't look as good as Gen's drawing, but he really did try his best on both.

The next time he saw Gen enter the house, Senku held up the drawing he made. "Daddy, daddy look! I drew a picture for you."

"That's very nice of you, Senku." Gen smiled. "But daddy can't look at it right now, I'm still very busy.  I promise I'll look later." Gen said as he walked out to the backyard again.

Again? Senku thought. But I drew him a pretty picture, what did I do wrong?

Oh well, at least Chrome would be happy with his picture he made. He ran back to the front yard to find Chrome. "Uncie Chwome, look!" Senku said. "It's a picture of the day we made blockies!"

"I'm so sorry, little scientist. Uncle Chrome is still really busy, I promise I'll look at it later.

Senku gave a small nod and walked inside. He was extremely upset, Gen was ignoring him and so was Chrome. He had to have done something wrong, whatever it was, it had to be horrible.

When Senku walked back inside, he put his drawings on the counter and put his blocks away and sat himself in the timeout chair in the corner of the room. He was punishing himself for something he didn't even know what was.

He started crying, he was only a baby and he didn't know how to deal with this or what was going on. It felt like being back in the orphanage again where everyone ignored him after he wasn't a baby anymore.

As both Gen and Chrome entered the house, now both ready to give Senku their undivided attention. They both saw Senku in timeout, knowing that wasn't like him and then they heard his heartbreaking cries.

Gen was the first one to approach Senku with Chrome following close behind. "Baby boy, why are you in timeout? Who put you here little one?"

"I did." Senku sniffled. "I'm a meanie."

"Senku." Chrome said. "You're the sweetest baby ever, why would you think that?"

"D-daddy and Uncie Chwome were ignoring me." Senku cried.

Gen and Chrome's eyes widened. They didn't mean to ignore the poor baby, thy were just trying to do something nice for him.

"Baby doll." Gen cooed. "I'm so sorry I ignored you baby, I shouldn't have done that."

"I'm sorry too sweetheart, I thought your drawing was beautiful and I really wanted to play blocks with you, but me and your daddy were busy." Chrome explained.

"If you ever have a problem like this again, tell daddy or Chrome what's wrong and we'll fix it. Anything that hurts your feelings is a big deal, little one." Gen explained. "But, I do think that you'd probably want to see what we've been working on."

"Yeah, let's go outside little guy, it's in the backyard." Chrome said as Gen took Senku's hand and lead him outside. Senku saw a new building he'd never seen before. Once he was lead inside, he saw what it was, a playroom and a nursery.

Senku had a crib, brand new toys, a play mat, art supplies and plenty of new onsies and diapers. "It's so pretty." Senku said, he hugged his caregivers. "Thank you so much!"

They both hugged him back.

"Now what are we waiting for, let's give this baby the attention he deserves!" Chrome said.

"Agreed." Gen said, grabbing a plush tiger. "Uh oh Senku, it's the tickle tiger! You better run sweetheart!"

Senku giggled playfully as he ran from Gen. Chrome joined in the ticklish game of tag as well.

The three of them played this way for the rest of the day, each of them learning a valuable lesson.

(Hi all, authors note here!
I wanted to kindly ask you all to read my message board on information about new books and story updates, I'd love to see you all read my new books, read some of the other ones, or make requests! I want to make you all the happiest readers possible, so please tell me what you think!

Also, this book is open for requests, as long as the request is SFW then I'll most likely do it! Have a great day, you all ^^)