The Coward's Anxiety

We were one point away from winning the first set. It was my turn to serve. I did a jump serve. I did not want to show off my floater until an actual match. It was caught by Daichi and it went to Tsukishima who set to Yamaguchi. I picked it up and sent it to Kageyama. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi followed Hinata while I also made an approach. Kageyama set to me and I slammed it down. It bounced pretty high. I didn't hit it at my full power though. We won the set.

"Good job guys." I said as we took a break. I picked up my phone and water bottle and took a picture that would make any gay guy blush. I mean, a hot sweaty guy showing off his muscles by taking a drink of water. Everyone would appreciate it. Even if you don't have any romantic interest in guys you can still appreciate their looks. I decided to send it to Osamu just to see his reaction.

Me:

[1 pic]

Just finished the first set

Osamu 💕:

How'd you do?

Me:

We won. If I was playing with you

I would have won sooner

Osamu💕:

Is your team that bad?

Me:

It's just that they decided to experiment 

with a technique one has never heard

of in the middle of the game

and of course I'd do better with you. You

are more experienced and a better player

than them

Osamu💕:

Atsumu would have killed them

Me:

I don't like how they can get away 

with pretty much anything they

want

Osamu💕: 

Yeah. I do not like those people.

Me:

Anyway, Next set is starting. See ya!

Osamu💕:

See ya

I was in a really good mood for the next set so I performed better. I also did a couple sets when Daichi directly targeted Kageyama. He was surprised that I was a decent setter. I wasn't Atsumu level or anything, but I could do a decent set. We quickly finished the set. We won 25-21. When we won Kageyama and Hinata handed their application forms to Daichi.

"Did they come in yet Kiyoko?" Daichi asked looking over. I was intrigued. 

"Yes they did." She walked over to the closet and pulled out a box. Hinata quickly made his way over and waited for her to open the box. When she did it was revealed to be a bunch of jackets I put it on and it fit perfectly. It cinched in a tiny bit at the waist which made me look even better. It also accentuated the arms. It was loose but when they flexed it would get just tight enough that people could easily tell that I was ripped.

"Thank you. I love it." I said but was ignored because people kept peer pressuring Tsukishima to put it on.

"Welcome to the Karasuno Volleyball club." Said all the upperclassmen together. It was a very nice moment, until the club advisor came rushing in.

"We have a practice match at Aoba Johsai. There is a requirement that Kageyama plays as setter the whole game though." He said as there was shouts of outrage. Suga was totally fine with it though.  I immediately headed home to get ready for my face time call.

~~~

I got home and found a note on the fridge that told me that Mom won't be back til morning. She got the nurse night shift at work again.

I got on the face time call with the Miya's.

"Hey guys!" I said waving. 

"Hey!" Said Atsumu very excited. He and Osamu were in different rooms.

"Hey." Osamu said. He did not get excited as easily. At least with friends they've known for years, Atsumu is hyperactive and gets excited, while Osamu keeps his head level Most of the time, "What did you want to tell us?"

"Straight to the point there. I could never." I started giving them a tiny hint. They just looked confused because I normally do get straight to the point, "Well, to put it bluntly, I'm gay." Cue the shocked looks on their faces.

"That means that you just like boys, right?" Asked Osamu. Atsumu was still in shock.

"Yeah. I totally understand if you guys don't want to be friends any-" I started before getting cut off. I was full prepared to get shunned and blocked. It has happened before.

"Why would we do that? You were gay all those times we talked, so why would it change?" Asked Osamu. He is a gift from Heaven. 

"Well, some people stop being friends with people in the LGBTQ+ community after coming out. It has happened to me before." I said and Osamu was shocked. Atsumu still hadn't said anything.

"Why would they do that? You're the same as when they met you. You just told them the truth." Osamu said after a moment. Atsumu looked like he was finally ready to talk.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Asked Atsumu. Always the important questions.

"No. All the cute guys I see are either straight, in the closet, or dating someone. I already told my team, because we would be changing in front of each other. Didn't want to seem like a pervert." I said as Osamu looked like he just thought of something.

"Was that picture y-" Osamu started but I cut him off.

"What's that Mom?!" I yelled looking over to the door. I waited a moment then turned back to the call. "I have to go. Supper's ready. Bye!"

"Bye." Said Atsumu and Osamu together. I ended the call and thanked the Lord that Osamu did not finish his sentence. He will probably eventually put two and two together, but not while I was on face time with his brother right there!!  

~~~

The time at school was fine. The only problem was Hinata. He was so nervous nervous that even Tsukishima and Yamaguchi stopped throwing jabs at him. It was so bad that when we got on the bus he looked like he was about to throw up. And he did. All over Tanaka's pants. I took him aside and he started apoligizing like crazy.

"Hinata. Have you ever heard the story of my first game?" I asked he mumbled no. "So it was my first ever time serving and I was at a volleyball camp so I didn't know anyone that well. So I served the ball and it hit my setter in the head. I was so freaked out because I didn't know how chill my setter was. He turned around glared at me and said, 'Do better'. That caused me to practice my serves like crazy. I finally am able to do jump serves. But no matter how nervous you are, the worst thing you could do is hit your teammate with the ball. And after you do, you aren't nervous about messing up a spike." I said and he didn't look as freaked out, but his serves were likely to be horrendous today. But his spikes won't be as affected. Hopefully.

~~~Bonus Scene~~~

"Why is your face so red, Samu?" Asked Atsumu in the middle of practice. They were taking a five minute break and Atsumu notice that Osamu's eyes were wide and he face was completely red. This of course caught the attention of the rest of the team.

"H- Eh- Wh-" Osamu was stuttering like crazy and eventually showed Atsumu was Hisato had sent him. This turned them both into stuttering messes. Let's just say that the volleyball team of Inarizaki High School did not get anything done the rest of practice.