"Yes, I believe you've met my subordinate the Death Knight" the Flame Emperor responded.

"Oh we've met alright but back to you, you're the one responsible for the destruction of this village" Jeralt furiously said.

"Do not get the wrong idea" the Flame Emperor said.

"What in Blazes does that mean?" Jeralt yelled.

"It is true that I am working with Solon, but that does not mean that our objectives are the same" the Flame Emperor replied "Had I known they planned to do this I would have stopped it, you have my word" the Flame Emperor added.

"Your words are meaningless, Now I'll have to insist that you accompany us back to the monastery" Jeralts said.

"I cannot abide that, however if you wish to join forces, I will now hear your plea" the Flame Emperor said.

"What?!" Jeralt said in shock.

"If left to their own devices, they will commit countless more violent acts like this one.Do you not wish to prevent that?" the Flame Emperor said "With the sword of the creator on our side Solon would not be a threat..." the Flame Emperor added.

"I must refuse," Byleth stated, holding back her rage.

"Pity, though not unexpected" the Flame Emperor said, then added "Pray that you do not live to regret your choice".

"Jeralt, Byleth, Have you seen his Highness?" Dedue asked in a panic.

"What's wrong kid?" Jeralt asked, turning towards Dedue, while the Flame Emperor made an escape. Jeralt turned back towards where the Flame Emperor had been "He's gone..." he mumbled. Jeralt let out a frustrated sigh then turned to Byleth "Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you, Since coming to the monastery... you've changed" he stated.

Byleth was a little taken aback by that "How so?" she asked.

"You've been angry since we first arrived to Remire Village" Jeralt began "And you look so happy when you're among the brats" he added "Before the monastery, I've never seen you bear your emotions like that. Not once" he said.

"You might be right," Byleth said with an exaggerated sigh.

"Then perhaps it's a good thing we came to the monastery, if only so I could see your face lit up like that" Jeralt said "Or maybe there was never any reason for us to leave the monastery in the first place..." he sighed.

"A reason to leave?" Byleth asked.

"Ah... I've put my foot in my mouth, haven't I? Though I suppose it may be nearly that time..." Jeralt sighed "Come to my office when you next have a moment to spare, There is something I need to tell you" he said. Jeralt then left to go and gather the rest of the Blue Lions to begin the trip back to the monastery.

"Just what was that about? I can't recall a time of old when you were at the monastery..." Sothis said "I wonder what is hiding in the mist that is your past..." she said softly.

Byleth sighed and made her way to prepare for the trip back to Garreg Mach.

Once at Garreg Mach Byleth began to make her way to report what had happened to Byleth, she hated how the responsibility of it seemed to fall to her every time, and she couldn't pass it onto Dimitri this time since he seemed odd at Remire Village. Byleth let out a sigh of frustration "I wonder why he acted like that" Byleth thought to herself.

"Byleth" A voice called out from behind, Byleth turned to see Dimitri approaching her.

"Perfect timing" Byleth thought to herself.