'I'm not afraid to leave scars.'

Ship(s): Handon (Hope & Landon), Hosie (Hope & Josie), Rosie (Rafael & Josie), Posie (Penelope & Josie)

Character(s): Hope Mikaelson, Josie Saltzman, Landon Kirby, Penelope Park, Rafael Waithe

Location(s): frozen yogurt shop

Story type(s): neutral/angst

Credit: @hosieshipper72

~~~

Hope sighed and stirred her drink, using the cheap paper straw, that became soggy from slowly absorbing the liquid around it. Last week, Landon had asked Hope to go on a double date to the new frozen yogurt shop in town.

Of course, he had to ask her during a stormy makeout session. Since Hope held her full focus on the intimacy between her and her brand-new boyfriend, she didn't use her common sense and instantly answered with an airy yes. She regretted it as soon as that one word escaped her mouth, and even more when she was brooding about it in bed that night, alongside Landon. This wasn't the first time that she had accidentally agreed to go on a date with him.

"Hope. Hope!" The girl snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed Landon calling her name. "Where were you?" he asked, laughing awkwardly with his eyebrows raised. Hope looked at the folds that formed in her boyfriend's forehead and just shook her head slightly, with puppy-like eyes. "A-are you feeling alright?" Landon asked, somewhat worried. Hope nodded, her movements with more force this time and adding a sweet smile for the sake of persuasion.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Landon yanked his body to face Hope in a single hasty movement: "Oh yeah, almost forgot why I dragged you out of your train of thought!", Landon wiggled his eyebrows, "The mystery couple said, and I quote, that they could be here any minute." Hope widened her eyes, nodded softly and allowed her gaze to drift off to the glass door of the frozen yogurt shop, acting interested.

Another thing that she didn't quite like about this date: the other couple that would be joining them, was unknown to Hope. To her, this wasn't a fun addition, no, this was once more a reason to feel stressed.

This whole date kind of got on her nerves. The concept was great and original, but since she wasn't particularly romantic, nor a fan of it, the girl just couldn't help but feel the way she felt. She felt forced. This all felt forced. Her relationship with Landon, too. She desperately attempted to make things work amidst her and the boy, although she knew it was a lost cause. Hope had long fallen head over heels for somebody else.

She had the hots for the infamous brunette siphoner witch from the Salvatore School: Josie Saltzman. Hope was fully aware of her feelings, which awakened at Penelope Park's summer pool party she'd thrown three months back.

*three months ago*

It was the biggest pool-party Penelope Park had ever thrown. Almost every student from the Salvatore School older than 15 was present. Only Penelope's so-called villains weren't welcome, of course, including Lizzie Saltzman, Josie's twin sister.

Penelope hunted for Josie's flesh at the party, so much was clear. She wouldn't stop winking at the brunette whenever their gazes found each other, she openly checked out Josie's half-naked body when she accidentally dropped her towel and, worst of all, she had been groping her without consent. Josie had simply ignored every inappropriate thing the raven-haired girl did, but Hope, on the other hand, had been watching the two interact all evening long. It was sickening. She felt pity for Penelope. For her overly-horny and outright rotten personality.

Despite the big crowd spread around the pool-area, Hope had met Josie's gaze an uncountable amount of times. Every single time, something sparked inside of Hope, and she wondered if Josie felt it, too.