Chapter 20; Diamonds, Bills and Parents.

Start from the beginning

Then there was Ethan, who told me not to stress over it because he would take care of things. How he planned to, I had no idea.

There were also donations from the church given to me by Pastor Louis. I was shocked and reduced to tears. I hadn't even told them about it.

"You go make that deposit and I'll help Em settle in nicely. She is a VIP patient you know." Kenna winked at Emily still seated in her lap behind her desk.

I scoffed, "with how money is hard, I won't be able to afford the VIP room. And I'm not accepting that nonsense excuse they fed me with again."

Kendra looked up at me bearing the same suspicions I had.

"True, but the director specifically ordered Emily be given the VIP treatment. I can't do anything." She sighed.

"I'll go talk to him after I make the deposit." I then called out to Emily effectively stealing her attention from the chocolate bar in her hands.

"I'll see you soon okay baby, I have to sort out a few things while aunt Kenna stays with you."

She simply nodded and went back to her chocolate causing both Kenna and I to chuckle.

***

"I'm sorry, please check again."

The lady behind the counter looking extremely enthusiastic about helping me- note the sarcasm- sighed for what I think was the hundredth time.

"Ma'am for the last time, all your bills have been paid. And I have checked five times."

"Are you sure it's for Emily Wilson? A heart transplant?" I insisted, earning another sigh.

"Yes. Emily Cara Wilson. Heart transplant. $1.4 million... All paid." She read out robotically while scrolling through her computer completely disinterested.

"How?" I had passed the state of shock by now. I was bewildered. "Who?"

"Miracles do happen. Yay for you..." She raised both arms in a pathetic attempt to cheer.

"Can you please tell me the details of when such a transaction was made?" I inquired again.

"The money was sent in this morning at exactly," she paused looking slightly interested for the first time in all fifteen minutes I had spent here. "This is odd, the money was paid in at five am on the dot. Not even a second later. And it's anonymous." Her eyes had a kind of awe in them.

Finally, a clue! I smiled like a moron at finally having an idea of who it was and internally fuming inside that they did so without my permission.

***
Meet me at the parking lot. I have something to show you.

I stared at my phone for the millionth time as I stepped out of the elevator to the ground floor and internally cursed at the culprit who sent me such a text not even seconds after I'd dashed away from the cashier who I'm sure must think I'm crazy.

I took my time to reach the parking lot. Reason being that I was trying to avoid committing murder.

Another reason being I foolishly wore platform heeled sandals and a yellow midi dress underneath a flimsy sweater.

A very foolish decision if you ask me, because it's almost the end of October and I'm practically freezing my ass out.

I was hugging both arms around myself to try and conserve some heat.

I eventually made it to the parking lot and immediately took note of the Bentley my culprit was in.

How much was his salary??