12

"I love you so much." Chaos said, gently rubbing circles on my arms, and leaning his head against mine. "Stay safe, okay?"

"I will."

"Good." He tilted my chin up and kissed me. The kiss was brief, barely a second. The next kiss was pressed to my forehead. "Call me if you need me."

"I know, now can you send me back before the others get in trouble?"

He stared at me, and he pulled me against him. His arms were tight around me as our eyes met. "I'm going to miss you," he said, voice soft. The heat from his body seeped into mine. "I know I said to call if you need me, but I'll show up if you want me to."

"I know." I didn't pull away from him. I wanted to enjoy the warmth a little bit longer. Our eyes stayed locked until my face warmed. I pressed my head under his chin, trying to avoiding the teasing sure to come. It never did. Instead, Chaos chuckled. His lips pressed to my hair, and his arms tightened even more. They loosened when I cried out. He mumbled a small apology.

"Are you sure you want to go back? Luke is perfectly capable of handling everything."

"You trust him to not get himself killed?"

"I barely trust you to do that sometimes."

I pulled away from his embrace, standing on my toes to press a kiss to his cheek. "I'll be fine."

"Have fun."

In an instant, I appeared outside of my tent. No one seemed surprised at my sudden appearance. Luke kept cleaning his sword, Bianca stared down an arrow checking if it was in good enough shape to reuse, Beck and Silena say next to each other doing whatever it was they were doing. I had no idea, but then again Beck has her help him with anything he worksxon that involves a delicate touch.

"So, did someone get lucky last night?" Luke asked, not looking up from the already shining sword. No doubt a wide grin was hidden beneath the shadow of his hood. He probably wiggled his eyebrows for added effect. Why is everyone dead set on letting everyone find out about my relationship with Chaos? It's like they want to get us in trouble.

"Yeah, I got to eat ice cream and chips and not be judged for once. It's not that weird."

"It's extremely weird."

"How is it any different from eating it with fries?"

"Because it is. Now go patrol the border. The Hunters haven't let any of us do anything. Which is really annoying."

I sighed. I took a step closer, patting his shoulder. "Try to stay out of trouble with them, I don't know what will happen if they find out who you are," I mumbled. "I'm going to go do it whether they want me to or not, I'll be back in a bit. Make sure the two lovebirds aren't sneaking off into the woods, we don't need anyone getting pregnant."

Once again I found myself dodging knives and other weapons, but I made it to the barrier and through the other side. I hummed a soft song. I didn't know the name, I didn't care, all I knew was it was something Chaos hums a lot. The sound of it comforted me, even as I felt a glare on my back.

I ignored it. If I stopped and paid attention to every glare I'd ever felt, I'd never get anything done. I walked through the woods, sticking close to the barrier. Something was off, I knew that as I kept walking. The glare stayed on me, even though I couldn't hear anyone walking. It wasn't a monster. It would've attacked me immediately; I didn't want to turn around to check. But...

"What do you want?" I asked, hand reaching into my pocket. Riptide offered a small comfort.

"I don't see what he sees in you. What do you have that I don't?"

"Well, I don't stalk people in the woods, so there's that. Who are-" I never got to finish my sentence. I fell to my knees. I couldn't breathe, every breath I took didn't seem to take in any air. My hands wrapped around my throat.

"Likes see how Chaos likes this." The lady laughed.

My eyes widened. "Ch-" I coughed. "Chaos..." My voice was strained. I don't know if he heard me. I doubted it.

A half-choked scream of pain broke past my lips as fire surged through my veins. Black edged my vision. My hands grew cold. I would've thought it was from the pain or something similar, but they were cold against the skin of my throat.

"Help me, please." Wet tears slid down my face. My muscles gave out. The taste of dirt filledxmy mouth and I spat a little bit, before running out of energy. Where was he? He said he'd come if I needed him. Did he not hear me? "Chaos!" It was meant to be a yell; it came out as more or less a gasp. My hands loosened and I kept gasping for breath. As my vision faded to shadow, black sneakers appeared.

"You okay? Did you fall and can't get up?" I knew without looking he had an eyebrow raised. If this were under any other circumstances, I might have laughed. But now, I wanted him to help me. I wanted to tell him about the voice. I wanted to tell him that I didn't feel good. I wanted to tell him- I wanted to tell him something was wrong.

But he never got an answer.

*laughter*

I'm tired

I'm gonna go to bed.

Night